i loss 2 pound

Hi my name is Ruthie I loss 2 pouds I put it in my Fitness Pal t Weight guide it is giving me calories to eat instead of what I was eating I don't understand why it is doing that can someone please tell me

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Can you elaborate please?
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    I'm not sure I understand.

You signed up for MFP and it gave you a certain amount of calories to eat.
    You lost some weight and it gave you a new number?

Well, yeah. As you lose weight, your body will require fewer calories. If you want to keep losing, you'll have to consume less.

Although I don't think the amount of calories would go down after only 2 lbs. Have you lost a significant amount of weight since you started MFP, and 2 lbs is just what you've lost at this last weigh-in?
  • blesslady52
    blesslady52 Posts: 20 Member
    I was eating g 1410 now it say to do 1675 I don't no why it saying that I weigh 308 now I am 306 can
  • blesslady52
    I was weighing 308 MFP say to eat 1410 in calories so I lost 2 pounds now it telling g me to eat 1668 I thinking why so I am asking is that right
  • Liftng4Lis
    At 300 pounds, yes 1668 PLUS exercise calories.
  • blesslady52
    OK so it was wrong the first time I exercise 4 times a week just started last week so just keep eating this calories until I drop more weight???
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    I was weighing 308 MFP say to eat 1410 in calories so I lost 2 pounds now it telling g me to eat 1668 I thinking why so I am asking is that right
    The difference between those amounts is about 250 calories. That's reducing your weight loss goal by 0.5 pounds per week. Did you change your weight loss goal from 2 pounds per week to 1.5 pounds a week?
  • blesslady52
    I also weigh my food to
  • Liftng4Lis
    OK so it was wrong the first time I exercise 4 times a week just started last week so just keep eating this calories until I drop more weight???

The burns of exercise are usually overestimated, so eat a portion of them (usually half is safe).
  • blesslady52
    No I did not change it from 2 pounds to 1.5 when I signed in for MFP I put it at 2 pounds
  • blesslady52
    Should I change it to 1.5
  • Liftng4Lis
    Should I change it to 1.5

No, with your beginning weight, 2 pounds a week is good. You will lower it later, after you've lost some.
  • KezJT
    KezJT Posts: 32 Member
    mfp usually asks if you want to change your goals after a 10lb loss iirc
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

The burns of exercise are usually overestimated, so eat a portion of them (usually half is safe).

This.
    must be the exercises you are logging..
    if you log some exercises it will give you more calories. People usually eat back around half those exercise calories given.
  • blesslady52
    Thank you for help me out have a bless day
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Congrats on your 2 pound loss. You're on your way!!
  • blesslady52
    Thank you it is hard but I will keep with it
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    You are off to a great start with 2 pounds lost. You can do this!
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Thank you it is hard but I will keep with it

Yes! The concept is simple (calories in/ calories out), but it is hard, sometimes more than others. Just keep weighing and logging and you'll get there. It's not going to happen overnight, but while it happens, we're learning new eating habits that will help us keep the weight off.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,052 Member
    rushfive wrote: »

This.
    must be the exercises you are logging..
    if you log some exercises it will give you more calories. People usually eat back around half those exercise calories given.

@blesslady52 - yes, you logged some exercise and the system gave you some extra calories. But it tends to overestimate the calorie burns, so to be safe, people usually eat back around half those exercise calories.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member

You will lower it later, after you've lost some.

When and why do you lower it? Does one get a notification as to when we need to change the settings? Or is that something we need to already know going into the app?

It won't give you less than 1200 (which is supposed to be net of exercise) so even if you don't change it eventually your goal will be less than 2 lb per week unless you are quite active even before exercise and larger than average. (Tall men can maintain 2 lb/week more easily than average-sized or shorter women, when closer to goal, although there are reasons not to--as it makes it more likely you will lose muscle mass beyond what is unavoidable.)