feeling lost

i 've just made the account and i can't understand any thing ..
l wanna lose 20 kg ..
so.. how can i calculat my daily calories and what is the best diet to follow .. :'(:(

Replies

• rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Did you put your information in so mfp can figure what your calorie amount should be?
    if yes, then you
    go to the food, diary, and input your food you ate, or going to eat.
  • nmcknny
    nmcknny Posts: 479 Member
    if you try to eat the calorie amount mfp suggests, then you'll lose weight. Use the exercise log, too, because mfp will add in those calories used by exercise--they allow you to eat more and still lose weight. It's pretty easy. When you get used to it, you can change the categories to watch (maybe you want to be sure to get enough fiber or calcium instead of sugar or something else). There is an extensive list of foods in the database and if what you ate isn't in it, you can add it (if you don't know the nutritional content, you can Google it). I will say that I couldn't eat just 1200 calories (that's where they started me at) so I changed it to 1300 or 1350 and did much better.

feel free to add me to your friends.
  • alaafarahat97
    alaafarahat97 Posts: 3 Member
    thanks for your help .. <3
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Just put your current stats into mfp and it will give you the calories based upon that info.
    Use a food scale to determine how many calories your really consuming. Eye balling portions isn't as accurate , especially for someone who is just starting out.
    You don't have to follow any certain diet plan. Just eat the foods you love, but in proper portions . I lost all my weight eating ice cream and cookies daily. I ate one serving instead of 5, like I used to.
    Just be as accurate as possible and you'll be fine. Weight loss comes down to calories in - calories out. Eat less then you burn .
  • alaafarahat97
    alaafarahat97 Posts: 3 Member
    ok .. thanks @thorsmom01
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    edited August 2015
    When you set your predicted weight loss, set it for .5 pounds/week for every 25 pounds you need to lose. It'll help you develop more sustainable habits. A lot of people, even when they only need to drop a little weight, set the goal too aggressively and it can be hard to develop a lifestyle change and support your body nutritionally on low calories.

Here's a link to the MFP "Getting Started" most helpful posts!
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177907/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

Good luck--you can do this! :smiley:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    When you set up your account and inputed your goals, didn't it give you a number?