Coconut oil

Options
What do you guys use your coconut oil for?? What foods do you cook with it? Other uses? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• mallory_2014
    mallory_2014 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I mix it in with my daughters oatmeal. I don't use it much for cooking but I use it as a makeup remover, cleanser and moisturizer for my face and body
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I fry green beans with it, and use a tsp in hot chocolate
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    What do you guys use your coconut oil for?? What foods do you cook with it? Other uses? Thanks in advance!
    Everything!
    This is my go to oil for cooking.

• BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything. I love it with my scrambled eggs. I use both unrefined and the refined. Sometimes I want to enjoy the coconut taste, sometimes I don't want it in there (like when I am baking with it in certain recipes).
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil is amazing! I cook anything sweet and fried in it, use it on my skin, add a tablespoon to smoothies. People use it for oil pulling and you can even use it for lube
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I love love love coconut oil!! I put it in tea, add it my butternut squash soup, in my smoothies... the list goes on. I have also been know to use it as a moisturizer.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I use it for a moisturizer for my face.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I use it like everyone else in a lot of recipes. I also eat it straight out of the jar.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Moisturizer. Add it to smoothies. Cook scrambled eggs w/ it.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    use it to make kettle corn. OMG so good!
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I cook with it. It doesn't burn food and it's great to fry chicken in
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I cook with it, use it for a hair mask add it to my doggies food, spread it on toast instead of butter.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I use it for a moisturizer for my face.

"greaser" ?
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I use it for cooking, someone the other day said they use it in there hair after swimming. And someone. . . . . .above. . . .oil pulling. . . is this the swirling around in the mouth?!? I truly miss thread topics like those.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I use coconut oil instead of regular lotion.

I'll use it or butter for baking, never tried using it with meats or anything.
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    I use it for cooking, someone the other day said they use it in there hair after swimming. And someone. . . . . .above. . . .oil pulling. . . is this the swirling around in the mouth?!? I truly miss thread topics like those.

I tried oil pulling once and just couldn't do it.
  • ashleypetrie4
    ashleypetrie4 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Popcorn! Makes the house smell amazing :)
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I used it to fix my cholesterol

It is great for cooking and my skin

Great stuff!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    In the spring I use it to prevent sunburn. Each morning I add 5 tablespoons to my morning cup of coffee. Best to taper in from 1 teaspoon or you may be in for a moving experience. I stated it to cut my arthritis pain. Between the CO and cutting out most all form of sugar and grains my arthritis pain got fixed in about 30 days.