need ideas do not like the taste of dairy or bread?

I'm 38 years old "4'11and 180 pounds.I really need to loss weight. The problem is I have a dairy sensitivity,do not like the taste of bread, and I only like the taste of a very few vegetables. I also love any kind of potato's except sweet potato's. Potato chips are my down fall. Also I don't really like fish. Any help or segestins on what to eat to loss weight and any recipies would be great.

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Lean meat and the vegetables you do like.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Instead of focusing on what you do not eat, make a long list of what you DO eat.
    1. potatoes
    2. chicken
    2. apples
    3. pizza
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    Lean, white meats and fruits/veggies. Dairy isn't necessary and fruits and veggies have plenty of carbs. :)

The single best piece of advice I got on MFP was to start making my own whole wheat bread. I couldn't find any I liked. Then I tried making my own and a heavenly beam of golden light shone down into my kitchen. You might try making it yourself!! You may decide that you like it, after all. I did! :)
  • jlooses83
    jlooses83 Posts: 10 Member
    Smoothies are a great start you can use leafy greens like baby spinach or kale and mix in some fresh fruit with it. You won't taste the greens just the sweet fruit. Good luck!!!!
  • heyheyohoh
    heyheyohoh Posts: 2 Member
    I second the making your own whole wheat bread. I have been doing it for the past few weeks and will never buy Store bought again..makes a big difference.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    There a million different ways to cook and season veggies. Maybe try experimenting until you find new veggies you will eat?

And also, something i tell my kids over and over: you may not like it at first try, or even on the tenth try, but keep eating (unless you have a serious, serious aversion) and you may find someday you suddenly have a craving for it. Lol