Lemon cake recipe needed - low calorie only :)

Options
jemila24
jemila24 Posts: 9
I am in desperate need of a good low calorie lemon cake recipe. Please share if you have one. :):)

Replies

• efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    How about the diet soda cake? Use a lemon cake mix and 12 oz of diet soda - lemon lime or something similar. Frost with Lite Cool Whip.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    How about the diet soda cake? Use a lemon cake mix and 12 oz of diet soda - lemon lime or something similar. Frost with Lite Cool Whip.
    Sounds delicious!
  • Kris1029
    Kris1029 Posts: 6
    Options
    It might be the wrong time of year for this recipe but its very yummy...

1 pkg. (2-layer size) Lemon cake mix

2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding (fat free sugar free)

1/3 cup granulated sugar (you can try half splenda to cut cal. I haven't tried it yet that way)

2 cups cold milk

1-1/4 cups water

2 Tbsp. powdered sugar

HEAT oven to 350ºF.

PREPARE cake batter as directed on package; pour into greased 13x9-inch baking dish.

BEAT dry pudding mixes, granulated sugar, milk and water with whisk 2 min.; pour over batter in dish. Place baking dish on baking sheet. (Baking sheet will catch any sauce that might bubble over sides of dish as dessert bakes.)

BAKE 55 min. to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 min. (Sauce will thicken slightly as it cools.) Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.

The recipe is not mine. Its one I modified from Kraftfoods.com they have a lot of great recipes and might have one that fits what you are looking for better. Oh and you can do this with other flavored cakes/puddings... so you could do a chocolate cake with chocolate pudding at it would end up like molten lava cake.
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Take an angel food cake split into three layers with very sharp knife. Layer with low fat lemon pie filling. Cover with coolwhip and grate lemon peel over waves of cool whip! Can not wait to try the soda one too!!!!
  • futballuvr73
    futballuvr73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is from the SB diet cookbook. It's not terribly low-cal, but it's incredibly healthy and tastes AMAZING (especially topped w/ fresh blueberries and whipped cream!)!

Lemon Olive Oil Cake
    P 2 This is on the web, it's a sample of what's in the yellow book
    Makes 10 servings

1 1/2 cups whole Wheat pastry flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    3 large eggs, separated
    3/4 cup splenda
    1/2 cup 1% or ff buttermilk
    1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    2 teaspoons lemon extract
    1 tablespoon grated lemon zest

Heat oven to 350°E Lightly coat an 8-inch springform pan with cooking spray. (I use a bundt pan)

Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; form a well in the center.

Beat egg whites with an electric mixer at high speed in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes.

Beat egg yolks, sugar substitute, buttermilk, oil, lemon extract, and lemon zest in a medium bowl at medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute.

Pour egg yolk mixture into the center of the dry ingredients; stir gently until just combined. Gently fold in half of the egg whites, then fold in the remaining egg whites.

Pour batter into pan and bake until edges are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 25 to 28 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes; remove from the pan and transfer to a wire rack. Cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.