Silly weight loss question...

Options
With this TDEE calculator (http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/), it has varying activity levels which can either raise or increase your TDEE, obviously, the higher the activity, the higher the TDEE.

The thing I am confused with is the activity levels lol. Do they relate to cardio? Or just exercise in general? I've been bulking on 2550 calories and it's gone well, but I think it's time to cut.

Should my TDEE activity level be no exercise/couch potato???

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Replies

• Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I believe the TDEE relates also to just general movement during the day (as in, i stand at work all day but don't move much and exercise maybe once a week, therefore I'm lightly active, etc).

But other people may have a better answer for you...
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I believe the TDEE relates also to just general movement during the day (as in, i stand at work all day but don't move much and exercise maybe once a week, therefore I'm lightly active, etc).

I'm completely amazed that I've actually stumped myself on such a simple thing... derrrr :sweat:
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

I'm completely amazed that I've actually stumped myself on such a simple thing... derrrr :sweat:

Perhaps you're overthinking it? Lol Google even may provide an answer. I was always under the impression that it included general movement as well as cardio and was generally a way to best estimate your expenditure over the course of a week.

I'm so inconsistent in my exercise that i don't think i could ever use tdee effectively, so i let mfp set my calorie level by selecting lightly active since I'm on my feet all day, then i add in cardio...i completely ignore weight lifting calories.

Edit because my phone has horrible Swype.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    With this TDEE calculator (http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/), it has varying activity levels which can either raise or increase your TDEE, obviously, the higher the activity, the higher the TDEE.

The thing I am confused with is the activity levels lol. Do they relate to cardio? Or just exercise in general? I've been bulking on 2550 calories and it's gone well, but I think it's time to cut.

The TDEE should include all exercise (EAT - Exercise Associated Thermogenesis). I wouldn't get to hung up on trying to break down how many calories should be attributed to cardio and how many to resistance training, just go by how many days a week you workout. You can make adjustments to your macros/calories as you monitor the biofeedback week to week.

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

The TDEE should include all exercise (EAT - Exercise Associated Thermogenesis). I wouldn't get to hung up on trying to break down how many calories should be attributed to cardio and how many to resistance training, just go by how many days a week you workout. You can make adjustments to your macros/calories as you monitor the biofeedback week to week.

H'okay... thanks.. I really did confuse myself there.

Looks like it'll be a 2000 calorie cut, if it's not a pound a week... I'm not too bothered I guess.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Total Daily Energy Expenditure.