21 Day Fix

Options
Hello! I'm thinking about trying the 21 Day Fix.. Anyone use us it? Is it worth it?

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    No. Waste of money.

MFP free. :D
  • Scott7609
    Scott7609 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If it helps you, I guess it's worth it, but you can do it yourself cheaper.

I really don't like the Beachbody people. Liars and scammers. I wouldn't give them my money.
  • Scott7609
    Options
    Yea I have friends trying to get me to the Shakeology it's expensive
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I know a personal trainer who swears by it, but she already teaches (and participates) in about three classes a day. She would lose weight if she ate nothing but ice cream every day.
  • Scott7609
    Options
    Haha if I did that I'd swear by it to
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Don't trust anything that promises to "fix" you in X amount of days.
  • ashleypetrie4
    ashleypetrie4 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I was lent the 21 Day Fix by a friend and, for me, the nutrition/container portion of it was a waste because I think it's easier to use MFP. I love the workouts and I think Autumn is great.. it helps me to stay motivated and workout at home whenever I want.
  • Scott7609
    Options
    Thanks Ashley appreciate it
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Putting food into expensive colored containers will do nothing except lighten your wallet.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I hate beachbody people... One of my overweight friends was spending way too much on beachbody stuff and when she told her coach that she couldn't afford to do it any more he told her, "well then you deserve to be fat."
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Have you tried keeping a calorie deficit for a few months?

Keep it simple.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I hate beachbody people... One of my overweight friends was spending way too much on beachbody stuff and when she told her coach that she couldn't afford to do it any more he told her, "well then you deserve to be fat."

OMG what an A-hole :disappointed:

• hmoquin1985
    hmoquin1985 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I did the 21 Day Fix sans Shakology. It was a great workout and really taught about portion control. I lost 11 inches and 13 pounds in the 21 days and built a lot of stamina.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have a question about those tuppaware containers... Cant you just buy your own for much cheaper. I guess I'm not understanding why the 21 day fix containers are somehow magic...
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I have a question about those tuppaware containers... Cant you just buy your own for much cheaper. I guess I'm not understanding why the 21 day fix containers are somehow magic...

That's what I'm doing now; I was able to easily find the measurements of the containers online. Nothing magic about them except that people who use them are happy they don't have to weigh their food and depend on the containers. Even if I had the containers, I'd still be weighing my food so having them is irrelevant for me.

Scott, do 21 Day Fix if you want to. I'm not sure if it's worth the price, no, but I know I'm having results with it. I love the workouts and I'm learning a lot about portions and how much better my body feels when I eat certain kinds of food. I did not buy the program, I do not have the containers since I found the measurements online and weigh my food anyway, and I do not buy into the Shakeology BS. However, I am on Day 15 of the program and I have lost 4 pounds and 5 inches thus far. I also do C25K three days per week and make sure I get my 10,000 steps daily, usually in a 1.5 hour walk in the park with many hills. That said, I do feel that adding 21 Day Fix to my exercise schedule has helped me take it to the next level. It didn't have to be 21 Day Fix, but I was curious and I'm glad I'm doing it.

I know a lot of people on these forums can't stand anything relating to Beachbody, but let's separate the "coaches" and Shakeology drivel from the actual workouts. The workouts from Beachbody work, but not because they're from Beachbody; they work because they're workouts and your body is moving. 21 Day Fix works if you do the workouts and watch your portions, but so will any other exercise program you choose to do. Find workouts you enjoy and focus on CICO, that's all there is to it.

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Yes - you can find the container sizes on-line. 1 Cup = fruit & veggie, 3/4 = protein, etc.

Then for 21 Day Fix you get a calorie goal to eat translated into containers: 2 fruit, 3 veggie, etc.......it's really like the old version of Weight Watchers exchanges.

BUT, at least with WW you got many more options for recipes and eating out. WW exchanges were based on more universal portions.....ie: 1 piece of fruit. I'm not impressed with the 21 Day Fix recipes I've seen. You need a spreadsheet to track the 1/2 containers used.

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    You need a spreadsheet to track the 1/2 containers used.
    Did you say "spreadsheet"?!? Maybe I should try this thing after all! #datanerd
  • julielh72
    julielh72 Posts: 92 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I got a cheap set of the plastic tubs from Amazon. I found the rest of the nutrition info I needed on the web. I have been using it to portion my foods out and have maintained my usual workout schedule and am feeling really good. It's really cleaned my diet up and has encouraged me to ensure I am getting healthy fats on a daily basis. Shakeology is a rip off....a serving of any decent protein powder can be used as a red (protein) portion. I haven't felt hungry at all.
  • julielh72
    julielh72 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    There's also a free phone app you can use to track your containers used throughout the day and it tracks 1/2 containers. I have been using a spreadsheet (with corresponding colours!) to plan my meals out a few days ahead, make a shopping list and make sure I have everything I need to keep me on track. It's actually taken less time to do this than to weigh, measure and log everything every day.