May 2015 babies

Options
georgieg23
georgieg23 Posts: 109 Member
I had a beautiful baby boy on the 6th May. I need to loose 2 stone to get back to my pre pregnancy weight. I am giving myself 6 months to loose 2 stones. What's your story & goal?

Replies

• taraleen
    taraleen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had my baby boy on May 4! I gained 60 lbs and have lost 45 so far. My goal is to lose another 55 lbs and I will accomplish this goal by his 1st birthday, if not before.
  • EmmalineThompson
    EmmalineThompson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies I had my lb on May 4th also :) I am
    Still 1 stone over pre pregnancy weight and I want to lose at least 2 before he's 1 if not before :) xx
  • OperationSwimsuit86
    OperationSwimsuit86 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, I had my little lady on May 20th and I'm back at my pre pregnancy weight. (But I only put about 10lb on)
    I have about 40lb to loose to be healthier.
  • georgieg23
    Options
    Hi ladies I think it's good we are setting ourselves a realistic target. I've been on the 5:2 diet since the 1st June and so far I've lost 10lbs in 9 weeks. I'm going to start running again once my eldest son goes back to school in September. I do the 30 day shred DVD when I can, I'm up to level 2 but not doing it religiously every day. So anyone got any tips? x
  • OperationSwimsuit86
    Options
    Gosh you're doing well GeorgieG!
    My best tip is stay away from the Bourbon biscuits!
    I'm trying to take a walk everyday, that's the best I'm doing atm. X
  • sarahlou137
    sarahlou137 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I put on so much during pregnancy and looking to loose about 40lbs. Motivation is sorely lacking of late but hopefully your success will inspire me to buck up and get back to something resembling pre pregnancy me. X
  • georgieg23
    Options
    Thank you Carole, I don't feel like I'm doing well :( I was surprised though with my weight loss in the time frame as I've still had takeaways & alcohol, it was my eldest sons bday yesterday and I love to bake, he requested a chocolate fudge bday cake & chocolate cupcakes so that certainly hasn't helped with the diet this week plus we went to chiquitos today. Think a long walk tomorrow will be required. I also have a Fitbit and can't believe how difficult it is to do 10,000 steps in a day! x
  • ShoeGal78
    ShoeGal78 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, I had my little boy on 5th May and after gaining 30lbs I have 5 stubborn lbs left to lose to get to my pre pregnancy weight.. I've been using MFP to track calories and macro nutrients for a couple of years and weight train when I can! Good luck!
  • OperationSwimsuit86
    Options
    I used to have a Fitbit but I sold it when I had knee surgery and could no longer walk very far. I loved it before that!
    Mmmmmm cake! I went to a wedding this weekend and there was no cake
  • KhadifaVhora
    KhadifaVhora Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

My name is Khadifa. I had a beautiful baby boy on the 15th May. Stupidly didn't take care of my weight during pregnancy and now paying for it!

I've already lost 7 lbs but need to lose another 4 stones and 7 lbs. I've joined Slimming World in aid of helping and have my first weigh in on Wednesday. But nervous as baby had his jabs on Friday and was soooooo upset in the evening that I dabbled with the chocolates. Oops. X
  • lynseyt76
    lynseyt76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    My name is Lynsey, married and we have two young children Sienna 2 yrs and Luke 3 months (born 2nd of May). I have 15 lbs to lose and need to keep motivated as my husband really makes it difficult for me as he can't stay away from the treat cupboard. Which day is everyone doing weigh ins? X
  • Cenevers
    Cenevers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I had my baby girl may 28th, I lost 20 after pregnancy but gained 10 back during maternity leave. I have 80lbs to lose to feel happy. I've added you all :)
  • KhadifaVhora
    Options
    Hi Lynsey,

Weigh in days I think were agreed as Thursday?

X
  • KhadifaVhora
    Options
    Also for those who are breastfeeding, how are you taking in to account the 500 odd calories we burn? Are you adding it as an exercise?
  • OperationSwimsuit86
    Options
    If you go to add food and type in breast feeding it'll give you extra calories!
  • georgieg23
    Options
    Morning ladies, I do like a Monday for a fresh start, plus it's also one of my fasting days which I enjoy if I've had a bad weekend. I thought it might be nice to get to know each other a bit more and share our goals. Is everyone happy for Thursday mornings to be the weigh in day?
    Name: Georgina
    Children: Son aged 9 & Son aged 12 weeks
    Exercise/weight loss history: I was very active before I fell pg, I ran 5k 3-4 times per week plus went to the gym 3 times per week, I also did the Davina DVDs at home when I had chance. I was on the 5:2 diet before I fell pg and it really worked and I found it so easy to stick to. I couldn't exercise throughout my pg as I had spd and could hardly walk. I put on 5 stone during my pg and have 2 still to loose.
    Current plan: 5:2 diet fasting days are Monday & Wednesday. I'm going to aim for 10,000 steps per day, do 30 day shred dvd when I can and I'm planning on starting running again once my eldest is back at school.
    Goal: I'm aiming to loose 2 stone by February (6 months), ready for our first holiday as a family of 4. I am quite lucky and my stomach has gone down well and I have no stretch marks, my problem areas are my thighs and bottom.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and supporting each other on this journey xx
  • KhadifaVhora
    Options
    Thanks Carole, I found it!

Name: Khadifa
    Children: Zakariya born 15/05/15
    Exercise/weight loss history: I lost about a stone and a half in 2014 as I was getting married in June. Combination of running 4/5 times a week paired with healthy eating. I fell pregnant very quickly after marriage, in August. Just ended up using pregnancy as an excuse to eat anything and everything. Now regretting it! I put on 5 and a half stones during pregnancy. Lost half a stone and still got a very long way to go.
    Current plans: I've joined slimming world which I attend on Wednesdays and will try and incorporate walking with baby every day. I'm also going to be doing Insanity Max 30 as of today for an extra boost!
    Goal: aiming to have lost all my weight by the time it's his first birthday and maintain it.
  • georgieg23
    Options
    I've just set up a proper group (rather than a thread) which is private, group is called May 2015 babies. Send a request and I will accept it,
    I'll copy my getting to know you post on to it xx
  • georgieg23
    Options
    I've sent all the ladies who have commented on here an invite to the private group x
  • lynseyt76
    lynseyt76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Where is the private group? X