Over ate my calories!

Options
Soooo... I ate over my calories (1770) today and I notice I seem to do that at twice out the week

Replies

• Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a very tiny deficit, it shouldn't make much of a difference. You're most likely still at a deficit for the week, and unless you are tiny and extremely sedentary, you're probably still at a deficit for the day, even.

Don't sweat the small stuff! :D
  • jokoh92
    jokoh92 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    ^ what she said and I have a habit of doing that as well and some weeks I pay for it and other weeks, I find I am still losing. You just have to work out more on the days after you overeat and drink lots of water. I realize after some years of doing this thing that overeating is going to happen sometimes but the important thing is not letting it become an everyday thing and being very careful the rest of the week.

If you do that, then you will continue to lose.

• caffeinatedcami
    caffeinatedcami Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. I think most people go over occasionally. Unless you make a habit of it you will probably still lose weight. Even if I sometimes go over, I find that tracking keeps me honest and I lose weight even if I'm not perfect about it.
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    jokoh92 wrote: »
    ^ what she said and I have a habit of doing that as well and some weeks I pay for it and other weeks, I find I am still losing. You just have to work out more on the days after you overeat and drink lots of water. I realize after some years of doing this thing that overeating is going to happen sometimes but the important thing is not letting it become an everyday thing and being very careful the rest of the week.

If you do that, then you will continue to lose.

Yep! I like to think of it as training for future maintenance. In the past I would throw in the towel if I over ate & start the "diet" again on Monday.......even if I over ate on Tuesday. Now, I just make sure I stay in my deficit for the rest of the week and so far, so good. Try not to beat yourself up to the point of giving up. Log everything, even the day you slip so you can keep track of your overages as well as your deficits.
  • AndrelleJohnson
    AndrelleJohnson Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone
  • Bolibadale
    Bolibadale Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The great thing about tracking it allows you to see where and how you get off course and you can make changes before it is habit. Tracking enables you to see things much clearer.
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I know I didn't get to this size by over eating one time, so I'm not going to gain it back by over eating one time. I don't want to slow down or stall so I try to make sure it's a conscious decision to go over my calories and that it's worth the calories and that I savor it, (ie. not grabbing a stale donut off the plate at work just because it's there).
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on.