Giving it another shot!

Options
Hey everyone - my name is Will and I'm tired of being a fat guy. I've been on and off this site for a few years and I'm really embarrassed to admit that I've fallen off the wagon.

Over the past two years, I've let myself go and as a result, I'm in the worst shape of my life. I was recently at the doctor's for a virus/cold and after my doctor prescribed me some medicine, he looked at me and told me that he was concerned at how much weight I've gained and told me that I need to make some changes.

This was especially scary because it was the first time he's ever talked to me about my weight. I've always been a bigger guy but I used to be active and didn't suffer from any health problems so it was a real eye opener.

I google'd my old MFP account and found a post from 3 years ago where I was about 50 lbs lighter. I can't believe I've fallen this far. I have a ton of weight to lose (5'10, 270 lbs) and frankly if I don't start now, I'm afraid I'm going to develop some serious health problems or even worse ...

So what am I doing about it? Well ... that's a great question. I'm going to start by logging my food again (that's where I had previous success). I also got my Fit Bit and heart rate monitor set up so I'll be able to track my exercise/activity. I'm going to start with Insanity (hardest workout that I've ever done). But obviously I'll have to make some serious modifications as I'm out of shape and will probably end up hurting myself if I go 100% right off the bat.

At this point, I feel like I'm just rambling but this is kind of therapeutic in it's own way. It wouldn't hurt to make some friends on here and build a support system so by all means, if you're interested in following my journey - shoot me a friend request.

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to making some big changes.

Will

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You can find friends in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    welcome back! I have started to really get serious about this. So my kitchen has become my battlefield, my pantry (my supplies) and my friends (my troops to rally with me). For me it has all been about respect. Respecting myself enough to pay attention, respecting myself to not eat whatever falls out of the frig etc. Finding what you should eat is like foraging. It takes time and planning. So have supplies in the frig to help you and in your pantry to snack healthfully on. That is my game plan so far. :smile: Enjoy the journey you are starting. Remember: Losing weight isn't the key to happiness. HAPPINESS is the key to losing weight!
  • mirandagirl2
    mirandagirl2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Best of luck to you in your journey I know you can be successful ☺