Can I have milk in my diet?

rrick154
rrick154 Posts: 4 Member
Any suggestions on how to diet while wanting to drink milk?

Replies

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    In the absence of any medical issues, the only thing you have to give up to lose weight is excuses.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Fit it into your calories for the day. Have your milk.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited August 2015
    I drink a lot of milk and dairy everyday. As long as you stick to your calorie goals it wont make a negative difference for weight loss
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Um...Drink it, or make sure it's going to fit in your day and then drink it?
  • rrick154
    The milk I drink is 90 calories do I add that to the calories Im trying to cutt
  • rrick154
    Thanks for all of the advice!! Good luck!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    rrick154 wrote: »

Yes. I don't understand the question. Add everything you put in your mouth that has calories. Weigh it on a food scale, or in this case use a measuring cup.
  • Christine_72
    edited August 2015

Weigh and log everything you eat and drink.

eg whatever you eat and drink gets entered into your diary here.

• Bolibadale
    Bolibadale Posts: 16 Member
    Their are so many good Alternative's to Milk that are good tasting and lower in fat and calories try some.....
  • rrick154
    OK
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited August 2015
    I like good ol' cow's milk. I've had 24 ounces of it today. If you try that other stuff (cashew milk, almond milk, etc) and don't like it, just drink the milk you like and fit it into your daily calorie allotment. Of course, if you're lactose intolerant you'll need the "alternatives" but you didn't mention being intolerant.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    I still drink fresh, raw, unpasteurized milk.
    I'll take the real thing or no thanks...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    I still drink fresh, raw, unpasteurized milk.
    I'll take the real thing or no thanks...

What?
  • Christine_72
    Bolibadale wrote: »
    Their are so many good Alternative's to Milk that are good tasting and lower in fat and calories try some.....

Really? I can have almond milk etc etc in my smoothies, because you can't taste it. But in coffee and tea or on it's own blaaaahhh. Nothing comes close to cows milk for taste.

• Iwillkeepitoff
    Iwillkeepitoff Posts: 2 Member
    Bolibadale wrote: »

Really? I can have almond milk etc etc in my smoothies, because you can't taste it. But in coffee and tea or on it's own blaaaahhh. Nothing comes close to cows milk for taste.

I agree, I can't get past the taste of almond/soy milk on it's own.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    In the absence of any medical issues, the only thing you have to give up to lose weight is excuses.

And calories.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member

And calories.

LOL yes, those too! In my defence, I wrote that at 3 a.m after a thunderstorm woke me up (makes note to only try to be profound whilst fully awake!) ;-)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    Skim milk or 1%. Smaller glasses (portions). Milk has lots of nutrients & protein!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    I have 6 oz of whole milk in my cereal every morning and often have an 8 or 12 oz glass in the evening before bed. Milk is delicious and satisfying and should not be excluded from anyone's diet unless they have dairy related health issues.