Pet Peeves!!!

Options
I know there's a post or two about this somewhere, and I apologize for starting it again and especially if it is someone's pet peeve. I answer the phones for 90 different clinics, my biggest pet peeve is when people return our calls and say "Hi, it's me, someone just called" Why can't people identify themselves?!?

Replies

• Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Bombshell, I totally understand. Or when they say, "You just called me". Ummmm....no I didn't. Maybe someone else that I work with did. Why do people assume only one person answers each phone line?
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people (my mother) complain about being fat WHILE eating a bag of chips and drinking soda.
  • jewelshere
    jewelshere Posts: 91
    Options
    OMG YES!!! I hate the people in the Dr's office beside me who slam their office door so hard it knocks stuff of my walls :mad:
  • victorianjewel
    Options
    I know right, Diane...I'm not the only one making calls or answering them!
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The place I work decided to have all people who call out from my agency (over 100 people) from there phones whoever is on the receiving end on the caller ID gets my number. So now I'm having people calling me wanting to talk to whoever because they just called from my number and not only are they most likely not in my building they may be even across town.
  • victorianjewel
    Options
    LOL - Nice!

Another pet peeve (I have lots today) is the man who was walking in front of me, wearing flip flops and floods (above his ankles) Oh! and "manpris" too
  • bbblue92
    bbblue92 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    LittleMissAngi -- Yes, I hate this too, I have a few friends that constantly complain about their weight and why can't they lose it, then I see them eating 3 servings of cereal for breakfast, burgers and huge quesadillas for lunch, etc . . . I just want to yell at them "You wanna know why you aren't losing any weight??? It's because you keep shoveling it in!" One of my friends complains and then posts all her bad calorie food on FB like it's funny or something, what's wrong with that? I guess they really aren't ready to try and make the effort to lose the weight?? Laziness??

Ain't nothing gonna happen if you don't make a change!! Don't get me started!! :laugh:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    I hate it when people (my mother) complain about being fat WHILE eating a bag of chips and drinking soda.

HaHaHa...that sounds like my friend. I told her to eat something before she came over one day because I had just eaten a snack and wasn't ready for dinner and she's like "Well, I'm just going to grab a snack." She shows up with 2 roast beef sandwiches from Arby's and an empty curly fry container. That is NOT a snack! (I really wished she had finished the sandwiches in the car too so I didn't have to smell them and yes, I did communicate that to her and she understood). But in the same conversation, she complains about her weight too. Sheesh!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    The place I work decided to have all people who call out from my agency (over 100 people) from there phones whoever is on the receiving end on the caller ID gets my number. So now I'm having people calling me wanting to talk to whoever because they just called from my number and not only are they most likely not in my building they may be even across town.

I can relate. I work for a hospital that employs over 4500 people. No matter where in the hospital or clinics you call from, our # always shows up as 414-000-0000 on the caller ID. So when an employee calls someone and doesn't leave a message and they see that # on their caller ID, they of course call back (to me, who've they've talked with before) asking who called them. How the heck am I supposed to know? It could have been a wrong # for all I know and the caller caught it and hung up. I'm not psychic people.
  • smarshalln
    Options
    lol...i have done that...its cause they connect with the very thing (food) that makes them what they are..overweight....so it is so easy to watch other people who are thin enjoy life, as they are enjoying (emotionally at least) life with food...which they are connected to...does that make any sense?