Fitbit?

Options
I'm just wondering if I should purchase one. What are your experiences with it?
What I want to do is to either get a Fitbitnor use Pacer to track my steps and calories burned doing it, plus additional n additional exercise/workout I do based on MFP's log and just eat back 50-75% of it. I set my activity level to sedentary.

What do you think? Is it worth the purchase (as it's expensive here in the PH)? Thanks in advance! :-)

Replies

• rmd0228
    rmd0228 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love mine. It was really interesting to see how little I moved during the day.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    paradi3s wrote: »
    What I want to do is to either get a Fitbit or use Pacer to track my steps and calories burned doing it, plus additional exercise/workout I do based on MFP's log and just eat back 50-75% of it.

When you connect a Fitbit to your account, MFP adjusts your daily calorie goal to TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) minus deficit.

I lost the weight & have kept it off by trusting my Fitbit. (But you still have to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly.) Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit, although there are lots of cheaper and just as efficient versions on the market - anything that encourages us to get moving more is just the thing :smile:
    I find it to be a pretty accurate gadget and its helped me maintain my goal range for the past 2 years.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I have a fitbit zip I bought when I got to maintenance. $39 on ebay (I've bought several for everyone in my family) over the years. I wouldn't be without it. It reminds me that I walk a lot less than I think I do, keeps my motivated to hit those steps, and rewards me with extra calories when I do what I am supposed to. When I've lost them (I have), I feel lost and bought another.

But I love data. If you like logging and like data, it will be worth it. MOST people stop wearing them (and stop logging) so don't. It's really a personality thing.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    nxd10 wrote: »
    If you like logging and like data, it will be worth it. MOST people stop wearing them (and stop logging) so don't. It's really a personality thing.

That's why I always advise people to ask their friends & family if anyone has a Fitbit they're not using.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I would be lost on my journey without my Fitbit. I did not realize how sedentary I really was during the summer when I am not working. It helps to keep me moving until I hit all my goals each day!