Set Goals and Changing My Life

Options
Hi. I have been using my fitness pal since around 2012 and never bothered with the forums until now. When I first started I was already in great shape and all I wanted was more definition in my abdominal area and to keep track of what I ate and the amount of exercise I was doing. But in the summer of 2013 I stopped working out all together. I gained 30lbs within 1 year and another 15lbs 6 months after. I was taking medication that not only made me retain water like crazy, but also made me rapidly gain weight. Before I could never gain that much weight even if I tried to.
I became overweight for the first time in my life. I was always teased growing up for being too skinny and I developed a complex that I wanted to be fat. Once I started gaining weight, I did not notice too much and I thought it was kind of cool that I could poke my belly and it would jiggle. But after a while my body became over stressed making it hard to even sleep at night. My body was not used to the extra weight, so I was constantly in pain feeling as if my organs were being crushed from the pressure.
Then about 6 months ago I decided to make a change. I started exercising more and slowly my weight came down a little. I already was feeling better.
I started making some changes in my diet. I no longer ate fast food and junk food and used image training so I could think of grease sliding down my throat every time I was tempted to eat it. I also did the same for sweets to make myself remember all the pain from the cavities I have had.
I also set new year goals/ resolutions for myself.
#1 No Fast food
#2 Give up chocolate for lent (by the end I was pretty weaned away from sweets in general)
#3 Give up coffee for the 4th year
#4 Give up peanuts for a second year
#5 Eat meat only 3 days a week for lent (I continued this on since it made my body feel better)
#6 Drink almond milk instead of 2% milk
#7 Eat more fiber than fat and less sodium
#8 Drink lots of water and tea
This has been working for me and I have already lost 15lbs in the last 6 months. I am changing my lifestyle and proud that I have been sticking to my goals/ resolutions.