Can't figure out how to record strength training

Options
Can someone help me. I can figure out how to record my work outs, what little I do. I lay on the floor (I am working solely on my belly) and raise my feet up and down slowly. What would that be called on here? Thank...
And why doesn't it count ?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    leg lifts.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Strength training doesn't burn that many calories per hour and probably isn't worth logging. With that said, I do log my lifting session as cardio (Strength training) because I don't want my protein shake to send me in the red :blush:

Assuming you do 10 solid minutes of leg raises with no breaks, you may be burning 50 calories and you can log it however you want. You can either use the pre-existing "Strength training", or you can make your own exercise. Personally, I wouldn't bother if that was all I was doing and would just consider it part of my daily activity level.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I never recorded it at all.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I do log mine just to keep track, but do not attach any calories burned. It is in my log but has no effect on my net calories. I do burn more calories because of the muscle but I have just upped my activity level to account for that.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    They're called leg lifts, but if that's all you are doing you are not raising your heart rate enough for a long enough period of time for it to burn any extra calories.

My question would be, is there a reason that is all you are doing? Doing an ab exercise will help to strengthen the core muscles but in a deficit you won't build any muscle and it's not going to help fat loss.
  • getupandgo877
    getupandgo877 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am doing core exercises as part of rehab for back surgery. Many of them include various leg lifts etc. I checked the help feature on mfp and it doesn't count strength training because there are too many variables. Like how many reps, weight, etc. So they can't accurately gage what you would burn. I still log them in just to remember which days i did what exercises.
  • Pcon2
    Pcon2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you.... :)