2»

Replies

• Sean_TheITGuy
    Sean_TheITGuy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Lucy___A wrote: »
    jeffpettis wrote: »
    LOL! That's the funniest thing I've heard all day...

I would seriously question her credentials as a trainer if she is pushing that garbage. And how is she so sure that you are losing muscle? What did she do to determine this?

She has one of those scales that tell you body composition, I'm not sure how accurate they are though

They are not accurate. The output varies a lot based on your hydration level, which fluctuates quite a bit during the day.

They work based on the electrical conductivity of your body, so having dry vs sweaty feet on the contact pads can also throw them WAY off.

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    You really might want to consider changing trainers, as this one may not really looking out for you.

I'm only there another month and then moving quite far away. I don't think she'd be right for me long term though.

Dump her now. No reason to give that idiot another cent of your money.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options

I would seriously question her credentials as a trainer if she is pushing that garbage. And how is she so sure that you are losing muscle? What did she do to determine this?

She has one of those scales that tell you body composition, I'm not sure how accurate they are though

They are not accurate. The output varies a lot based on your hydration level, which fluctuates quite a bit during the day.
    Right, and this is why I ONLY use my scale for body fat after a long, sweaty workout.
    I can drop 5 points of "body fat" in 2 hours.
    :p

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Save your money for something that's actually useful.

How does this girl know you're losing muscle and not fat?

This
    +1. She's just looking to sell her product.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

the handheld ones?

Like this?

handheld-bia-400x400.jpg?itok=KcaWYgvB

If so... yeah, not very accurate at all. It can change wildly depending on hydration levels, how much you've eaten, when you do it and so on.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    In any case. If she were a good trainer (and not a scam artist or willfully ignorant tool) she would know that these are not accurate. And that suggesting you should try a product (which she directly benefits from) because you aren't losing "from fat" and somehow a magical 90 calorie low protein shake is going to change that? PSH. HAHAH

reality-tv-just-cant-3.gif

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Right, and this is why I ONLY use my scale for body fat after a long, sweaty workout.
    I can drop 5 points of "body fat" in 2 hours.
    :p

I do it first thing in the morning, right before guzzling two giant glasses of water because I wake up feeling as dry as the Sahara.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    over priced rubbish that has nothing to do with weight loss...
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    LOL, I find that everyone that sells Herbal Life and Body Vi are "trainers". Laughable.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    there are better things you can spend your money on. and they taste better
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    No self respecting trainer would rely on a body composition scale for body fat measurements. If she actually has a certification, that didn't take a weekend to get, she would know how to use a set of calipers.

She would also know that short of death or being bed ridden for a very long period of time it is impossible to lose all muscle and no fat.

And she would also know that proper nutrition and a calorie deficit is the only way to lose fat in a healthy manner while teaching the client how to keep it off and stay healthy for the rest of their life.

And last but not least, and probably most importantly, she wouldn't have anything to do with a fad, pyramid scheme to dupe her clients for the sole purpose of making a buck...

Notice a trend there?