Hello, any over 50 ladies out there who need some camaraderie?

Options
2»

Replies

• ImNancyLynn
    ImNancyLynn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Nancy, 51 years old, been on MFP for 85 glorious days! I have found a lovely support group here and any one of you can feel free to add me! I have lost 28 lbs so far and its been a fairly simple process, not easy.. but straight forward!
  • SSweet001
    SSweet001 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My name is Marsha, I'm 54 and I'm a sugar addict. It's so great to see that I'm not the only one who starts over and yo yos. I've been very active my whole life I absolutely love working out but my arthritis gets in the way. I've had both knees replaced which has caused me to alter my workouts. The recumbent bike has been my best friend for going on 8 years. I work out 5 days a week sounds great huh? Well it is but my problem is that I keep stuffing my face with sugar. I got into fitness tracking a couple of years ago. I bought a Polar FT60 and now I'm using the Polar Loop 2. I've tried 3 different brands and the Polar is my favorite. I've been using it to help me think about what I'm eating. I can look down and see the calories I've burned etc. I can thank Polar for leading me to this group. It's great to see everybody's story. I'm looking forward to learning more.
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone :) Over 50 ladies rock! Been on plan & logging in for 77 days. It's really helping to take some time & read through the groups just to help get some motivation. I'm still learning what is right for me but so far so good eating healthy portions within my limits. Just started strength training last week as well as cardio. Can't wait to see how that all helps. Trying to be positive, upbeat & not get myself down too much & most of all if i go off track to forgive myself & carry on
  • PattiHolmes
    PattiHolmes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm 59, 5'7 and weigh 154.2 lbs. trying to get below 140. I'm small boned so this is really fat for me. Just saw my daughter's wedding pictures and the proof is in the photographs. Been doing this for 1.5 weeks. I like it! Welcome any ideas, tips and friends.
  • sundyrothery
    sundyrothery Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.. I am 54 5'5 212 lbs. I have polycystic kidney disease and gained 87 lbs since my kidney failure 2 years ago. I am doing great health wise and ready to lose that weight. I would support from people that are trying to lose weight too.