THE WHOLE 30

Options
2»

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    jaynesje wrote: »
    Ignore the naysayers - Whole30 is a great way to reset your organs and remove toxic buildup. There is SO MUCH junk in modern food that have no place in our bodies. Do what you feel is right for you and disregard people talking you out of it.

Whole30 was a great way for me to get my body back on track, we saved a ton of money, and felt great afterwards. Once it's over, reintroduce the items you nixed slowly, otherwise you'll feel a bit crummy. I have nothing but good things to say about Whole30!

I would not say that the Whole30 lifestyle is sustainable, this coming from someone who doesn't eat grains or refined sugar. A lot of people on MFP are particularly critical of Whole 30, paleo or low carb diets, as if you're calling their lifestyle wrong by living differently. I've gotten used to it by now.

Eating natural foods is GOOD FOR YOU and that is the focus of Whole30. No one can argue that this diet is bad for you. Also, anyone saying Whole30 is full of unproven claims hasn't read any of the Whole30 books.

I believe you can do it and it's so worth it to last the full 30 days! Keep up the great work.

What are these toxins you speak of? Isn't that the reason we have livers?

What are the toxins??? Read the ingredient label to most "so called foods" they aren't even real foods! We fill our bodies with chemicals of all sorts on a daily basis. The liver doesn't know what to do with non real foods. We can't rely on our livers to fix every poor choice we make. Must learn to make better choices, hence Whole30 :)

All food is food. There are no "real foods" and "fake foods." Yes, we do fill our bodies with chemicals every day. A chemical is simply a compound or substance that has been purified or prepared. The kids definition is any substance that is formed when two or more other substances act upon one another or that is used to produce a change in another substance. Salt + water = chemical, in the strictest sense.

The liver doesn't "know" anything. People have recently started using emotional/functional anthropomorphism to describe their bodies and organs. Things like your body not 'knowing' how to process something or your organs need a rest or reset. That is not how human or any other organism's organs work.

Your liver filters your blood, performing hundreds of chemical functions. Your liver removes toxic byproducts created by your own body over the course of normal bodily function. Your liver is really good at removing toxins. Your liver doesn't have a list of will and will not process chemicals. Anything that is so toxic/harmful that the liver cannot process it will negatively impact liver function. Liver disease/liver failure is very real and very serious and will not be cured or reversed by going on a veg and meat diet for 30 days.
  • MyWhole30Journey
    MyWhole30Journey Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    leggup wrote: »
    [

All food is food. There are no "real foods" and "fake foods." Yes, we do fill our bodies with chemicals every day. A chemical is simply a compound or substance that has been purified or prepared. The kids definition is any substance that is formed when two or more other substances act upon one another or that is used to produce a change in another substance. Salt + water = chemical, in the strictest sense.

The liver doesn't "know" anything. People have recently started using emotional/functional anthropomorphism to describe their bodies and organs. Things like your body not 'knowing' how to process something or your organs need a rest or reset. That is not how human or any other organism's organs work.

Your liver filters your blood, performing hundreds of chemical functions. Your liver removes toxic byproducts created by your own body over the course of normal bodily function. Your liver is really good at removing toxins. Your liver doesn't have a list of will and will not process chemicals. Anything that is so toxic/harmful that the liver cannot process it will negatively impact liver function. Liver disease/liver failure is very real and very serious and will not be cured or reversed by going on a veg and meat diet for 30 days. [/quote]

Oh my! We have a Scientist here, how impressive! Well then, we all yield to your greater authority. NOT!

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    If your body were full of toxins, you'd be dead. Just sayin'