Dating advice...

Options
Pittshkr_
Pittshkr_ Posts: 99 Member
So i have this girlfriend that ive ben seeing for about 33 years now. Our mum doesnt know about it. The other day she caught us kissing behind the barn. It was quite a shock. Over dinner she asked if thinga were getting serious and if she should call the local minister and make it official. I really like this girl and she's like family to me. First, should i pop the question? Second, should it be at a family function or should it be at a classy place like the sizzler?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Wait "our" mum? And she's like "family" to me?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Hea1thyGam3r
    Hea1thyGam3r Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    You are treading on dangerous territory. You two kids should consult the advice of your local oracle for expert advice but I would say that 33 years is just too soon for such a large step. Does she even have a drawer at your flat? Have you taken a cross country road trip together? Because that right there is the real tell whether you can even live together. Regardless, Good luck!
  • lazydanthaman
    lazydanthaman Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    tumblr_nr7zqaDQjg1roohd8o1_400.gif
  • crssftlv
    crssftlv Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Wait "our" mum? And she's like "family" to me?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

and it's been for 33 years now....
  • JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,188 Member
    Options
    You are treading on dangerous territory. You two kids should consult the advice of your local oracle for expert advice but I would say that 33 years is just too soon for such a large step. Does she even have a drawer at your flat? Have you taken a cross country road trip together? Because that right there is the real tell whether you can even live together. Regardless, Good luck!

Lmao!
  • brokebutfun
    brokebutfun Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking this is an appalachian family kind of thing.
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Sizzlers is the bomb biggety
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I would get her preggers and just see how it plays out, best case scenario, you just get an abortion and everyone is happy!!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    WHOA! SLOW YOUR ROLL, dude! What's the rush?? Take your time...
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    if its really been 33 years then why not? (although some would say why bother)
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    This is why some people look really weird. Like really, really weird.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I think you should just knock her up and then change your mind about the whole relationship. I mean, why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free and leave all the responsibility on her? Amirite?
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    I think you should just knock her up and then change your mind about the whole relationship. I mean, why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free and leave all the responsibility on her? Amirite?

Technically he wants the udders, not the milk.

Well if he knocks her up then he can have the udders and the milk? Win/Win?
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out if you're being serious or not. Sizzler is only out west aren't they? If you're in Utah or something this post kinds of makes weird sense.

Otherwise, don't let your mother run your life. You decide when you'll get married. And pop the question in private, not a public restaurant or at a family gathering. You'll be thankful later.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options

Technically he wants the udders, not the milk.

Well if he knocks her up then he can have the udders and the milk? Win/Win?

Something is wrong with you.

I think I'm a lovely person... though maybe I've read the Grapes of Wraith a few too many times...
  • odusgolp
    Options
    In other news, I just watched An Amish Murder this weekend and... holy hell. I wanted to do naughty things to an Amish Man. Well... actually to Jilon VanOver dressed as an Amish Man, but whatever.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    odusgolp wrote: »
    In other news, I just watched An Amish Murder this weekend and... holy hell. I wanted to do naughty things to an Amish Man. Well... actually to Jilon VanOver dressed as an Amish Man, but whatever.

Is that a movie or were you turned on by an Amish murder scene!? Because I'm so in if it was the murder scene...
  • odusgolp
    Options
    odusgolp wrote: »

Is that a movie or were you turned on by an Amish murder scene!? Because I'm so in if it was the murder scene...

You know me well enough to figure out which one it was, E.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Timo1981 wrote: »
    So i have this girlfriend that ive ben seeing for about 33 years now. Our mum doesnt know about it. The other day she caught us kissing behind the barn. It was quite a shock. Over dinner she asked if thinga were getting serious and if she should call the local minister and make it official. I really like this girl and she's like family to me. First, should i pop the question? Second, should it be at a family function or should it be at a classy place like the sizzler?

Finally! Some semblance of normalcy to the forums. Good to have you back man!

I vote sizzler. Especially if it's all you can eat ribs.