Anxiety? Aggression? Am I hangry?

Options
2»

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    mommydie wrote: »
    SO, even though I've been much more active and working out rather intensely 6 days a week, I seem to be easily irritated. Or at least I was super irritable...now I'm emotional. I feel anxious and depressed. Super anxious. WTH is going on with me? I don't feel hungry. When I do, I eat something nutritious. I'm getting enough calories while staying within my goals. But I'm acting HANGRY (hungry + angry for anyone who doesn't know) all the time. What gives? Have you experienced this? Will it pass? I've only been at this lifestyle change for a couple of weeks. I've also given up alcohol completely. I was drinking a lot before. Everyday.
    Someone tell me I'm going to level out soon because I can't stand feeling like this. My poor fiance understands but I still feel like a jerk and it's not helping my general happy about myself vibes.
    I'm stressing out over here.

How much fat are you eating? Hormones require a certain minimal level of fat to function, and if you're eating at a deficit you might not have enough available in your bloodstream right now. And I don't mean just the lady hormones. Hormones regulate all kinds of bodily functions, like your thyroid.
  • mommyvudu
    mommyvudu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    You should you kinda sorta eat your exercise calories back? What does that mean? At 1200 calories and the intense workout you described...coupled with a diet change and going cold turkey with alcohol...no wonder you are a monster.

I wouldn't go so far as calling me a monster but I'm not my usual sweet self. And I meant I try to eat the calories I burn off on intense workout days but I sometimes fall short. I just don't have much of an appetite for once.
    WBB55 wrote: »
    mommydie wrote: »
    SO, even though I've been much more active and working out rather intensely 6 days a week, I seem to be easily irritated. Or at least I was super irritable...now I'm emotional. I feel anxious and depressed. Super anxious. WTH is going on with me? I don't feel hungry. When I do, I eat something nutritious. I'm getting enough calories while staying within my goals. But I'm acting HANGRY (hungry + angry for anyone who doesn't know) all the time. What gives? Have you experienced this? Will it pass? I've only been at this lifestyle change for a couple of weeks. I've also given up alcohol completely. I was drinking a lot before. Everyday.
    Someone tell me I'm going to level out soon because I can't stand feeling like this. My poor fiance understands but I still feel like a jerk and it's not helping my general happy about myself vibes.
    I'm stressing out over here.

How much fat are you eating? Hormones require a certain minimal level of fat to function, and if you're eating at a deficit you might not have enough available in your bloodstream right now. And I don't mean just the lady hormones. Hormones regulate all kinds of bodily functions, like your thyroid.

I'm getting about 45 grams a day according to my food diary. I'm trying to up my fat intake with avocados. I'm going to start using butter on veggies. Protein has been more difficult. I find meat repulsive. I can only stand so much fish. I think I'm going to get a good whey protein this weekend, even though I'm not lifting heavy or anything. It should make getting the calories and protein I need in my diet a little easier.
  • slowrollem
    slowrollem Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, cheese, cottage cheese, greek yogurt are good sources for protein if you're not into meat.
  • mommyvudu
    mommyvudu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I love all of those! I guess I just haven't been very into dairy as of late. I'm going to get some cottage cheese and Greek yogurt tomorrow thank you
  • skittlsv2
    skittlsv2 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    PTSD panic/anxiety depression and addiction is hard to handle for anyone. I've never had an alcohol or drug addiction but I've lived with it in my family. I would say firstly that your withdraws from alcohol are present and that kicks up your PTSD and depression and anxiety. I really hope you can find AA meetings near you and perhaps a counselor also. Congrats on your decision to stop the alcohol and to live again. This is a bump in the road that you need support with. Getting busy with exercise and focusing on eating healthy is a huge plus plus for you. Loving yourself enough to pursue this journey is great. Your body is going through all kinds of changes and so are your emotions. I like to say when my depression anxiety panics kick in that I feel like arrows are shooting through my head 100 miles per hours. It's chaos. There is nothing wrong about seeking professional help and support. I know you can do this because you've already took a huge step. Best wishes and I hope you will continue on your healthy journey.
  • HaroldStearns
    HaroldStearns Posts: 2 Member
    Options

It may be happen that you are in depression and anxiety because earlier you had an addiction with alcohol. But I never had such type of addiction. In spite of this I didn't get enough sleep always. Hardly I used to sleep 3 to 4 hours per day and had lots of trouble. And my doctor advice me to buy Ambien and take in a regular basis. So, you need to take some professional help if you are facing trouble like me.