Going to an all day concert?

Options
Hey guys! So tomorrow and Friday, my boyfriend and I are going to Warped Tour! We're getting in line at 9 AM, and it typically runs until 9 PM, so we'll be on our feet basically the whole 12 hours. Unfortunately, I know there's like going to be very few healthy options to eat there, so I'm hoping to eat breakfast before and dinner after at healthier places, and just eat lunch there, along with bringing a couple of granola bars.

So, I'm not really sure how to log the day! Since I'm going to be walking around literally the entire day. What do you think I should log as my exercise? Or should I even bother? Thanks guys :)

Replies

• dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    just go enjoy warped! take a day off and enjoy yourself, stressing out over it isn't going to be productive. all the activity of being at the venues might even end up giving you a bit of a weight loss surprise. have fun!
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    take some protein bars with you

just do your best to change it up for the healthy options in whatever they serve
  • whiteoutpen
    whiteoutpen Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I just want to try my best to not go over. Because odds are, I'm going to end up getting chicken strips and fries, because that's about all I can remember them having last year, aside from hot dogs and caesar salad, which I can't stand.

I was just hoping for an idea of how much I might burn, so I can try and estimate how my calories should be allotted.

But I'll definitely enjoy myself! It'll be my 4th year going! :D
  • whiteoutpen
    Options
    take some protein bars with you

Already planned to :)
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I went to a festival last Saturday and did almost 16,000 steps (which is almost 7 miles according to FitBit) in 12 hours if that's any help to you? Considering the first 2 miles would already be included under MFP's sedentary setting I could have logged 5 miles of that at exercise calories if I didn't have the two sites linked.

Don't deprive yourself, it'll be a tiring day and you'll need a little extra energy to get through it! Any good bands playing?
  • whiteoutpen
    Options
    I went to a festival last Saturday and did almost 16,000 steps (which is almost 7 miles according to FitBit) in 12 hours if that's any help to you? Considering the first 2 miles would already be included under MFP's sedentary setting I could have logged 5 miles of that at exercise calories if I didn't have the two sites linked.

Don't deprive yourself, it'll be a tiring day and you'll need a little extra energy to get through it! Any good bands playing?

Most of the bands I like aren't playing this year :( But it's a great place to find new bands. That's a lot of what I did last year, and I probably found a good 10 new bands to listen to! I am excited to see William Beckett though :)

I'm not really sure how to find out how many calories walking 5 miles would burn for me. I use MFP's exercise calculator, so I have to put the time in, but I'm afraid it'll overestimate. For instance, if I put in 12 hours of walking at 2.0 mph, it says I burn 2,500 calories. Which is a lot, lol. Any tips?
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Take a day off and enjoy, I lost a heap of weight during my festival going heyday ... Sounding like an old man now ... Ah, Glastonbury 95 ...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    When things like this happen, they're called life...and I like to live it. These are not routine events...these are isolated incidents and statistical outliers...as such, just go have fun and don't worry about it. Good livin' isn't about being 100% perfect and spot on all of the time...it's about being generally awesome and killin' your fitness and nutrition most of the time while allowing yourself to have a little fun too.
  • whiteoutpen
    Options
    Take a day off and enjoy, I lost a heap of weight during my festival going heyday ... Sounding like an old man now ... Ah, Glastonbury 95 ...

It's okay. I'm 19, on summer break from college, and I'm asking about calories on a weight loss forum. Definitely not acting my age, haha!
  • whiteoutpen
    Options
    When things like this happen, they're called life...and I like to live it. These are not routine events...these are isolated incidents and statistical outliers...as such, just go have fun and don't worry about it. Good livin' isn't about being 100% perfect and spot on all of the time...it's about being generally awesome and killin' your fitness and nutrition most of the time while allowing yourself to have a little fun too.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I won't know exactly how many I'm going to burn or anything, so I'll just have to try and make the best choices I can. :) It's just that my eating hasn't been the best the past couple of weeks. I haven't been going over my calories, but I've been eating things that aren't very nutritious :( Next week I'll get back on track with my clean eating :)
  • madhamey
    madhamey Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    just go enjoy warped! take a day off and enjoy yourself, stressing out over it isn't going to be productive. all the activity of being at the venues might even end up giving you a bit of a weight loss surprise. have fun!

Agreed, a little bit of what you fancy and get dancing :0)
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    You really can't log it accurately as it is performed but by a bit of tinkering you could pick a start time of your own and enter a slow walking pace and mileage to get your extra calories. It doesn't really matter when it was performed - unless you're using a fitness monitor.
  • whiteoutpen
    Options
    Okay. I'll definitely try to focus on enjoying myself and not worrying about how many calories I burn/eat! Thanks for the advice guys, it was really helpful :) Can't wait for tomorrow!
  • redwingsfan6712
    redwingsfan6712 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My 15 yr old daughter and I are also hitting Warped Tour when it comes to Denver at the end of this month! YAY!