Fat

Options
hey everyone so I am faced with a dilemma. I've gone from 154 to 167 so 13 lbs which is awesome. My ultimate goal is to be 170 with 8-10% body fat. Right now I'm at 14-15%. So it's a dilemma because I don't rly want to stop gaining weight but also don't want a bigger stomach. While glad I got bigger like I wanted I have a belly. I'm not really doing abs so maybe that's part of problem or should I do more cardio or Lower my calories? Thanks!

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    OP - did you not get the answers in this thread that you started on same topic???http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/33518679#Comment_33518679

just because you don't like the answers does not make them any less valid.

You have three options.

1. stop bulking and go into a cut.
    2. keep bulking until you get to 170#, or higher, and then cut.
    3. transition to reccomp and slowly lose fat and add some more muscle…

• Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    hey everyone so I am faced with a dilemma. I've gone from 154 to 167 so 13 lbs which is awesome. My ultimate goal is to be 170 with 8-10% body fat. Right now I'm at 14-15%. So it's a dilemma because I don't rly want to stop gaining weight but also don't want a bigger stomach. While glad I got bigger like I wanted I have a belly. I'm not really doing abs so maybe that's part of problem or should I do more cardio or Lower my calories? Thanks!
    Anything above 15% body fat makes me look too blubbery.

Sometimes we must accept our genetic potential.
    Body builders do the cycles of bulking and cutting, so that's an option, but I say no thanks to that.
    Godspeed in whatever path you take.
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    OP - did you not get the answers in this thread that you started on same topic???http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/33518679#Comment_33518679

You have three options.

Thanks for your response. Can you give suggestions on how option 3 is done? If you don't mind is greatly appreciate it. And I apologize for asking same question its just although it may seem simple to you it's not easy to figure out for others that's all. It's not that I don't like the answers or think they are not valid.
  • Giolis
    Giolis Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
  • se015
    Options
    Giolis wrote: »

Thanks!
  • ndj1979
    Options
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »

You have three options.

Thanks for your response. Can you give suggestions on how option 3 is done? If you don't mind is greatly appreciate it. And I apologize for asking same question its just although it may seem simple to you it's not easy to figure out for others that's all. It's not that I don't like the answers or think they are not valid.

Op - I would check out the recomp link....as far as my little thread thing I get you but you could of just rebumped your old thread...when people keep asking same thing the troll bell alarms go off..
  • se015
    Options
    Lol ok thanks
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just one remark regarding timeframes. If you want to get back in shape fairly quickly, do the cut/bulk cycles. Recomps can take a year or more for many people and require a lot of consistency.
  • se015
    Options
    Good point, kind of impatient.