Six Flags Magic Mountain

Options
Everyone gets to ditch work Thursday and ride some coasters. Unfortunately I know from my last trip a few years back, I won't be able to rid a number of them at my size (5'10" 418lbs). I hear they added seat belts to Goliath and a few others I had no issues with before, and that might not be able to ride them now. I was wondering if anyone has been there recently, and could give me a list of the rides the could and couldn't fit on.

Thanks!

Replies

• hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You should probably just give the park a call
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I went to Six Flags Great America last year, was assured via phone someone my size would fit (At the time 6', 280ish and a size 18) and didn't fit on a single ride. I've lost a size and a half and I'm terrified to go back.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    My ex was a big guy-not overly big but tall and heavy. He could fit on maybe 2 when we went to six flags. He had to get on and off a number of rides.

Personally I would just offer to be the bag holder. Have fun walking around and pick rides carefully
  • aaron_mc29
    aaron_mc29 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    So from experience a lot of it depends on how you carry your weight. I was about 320lb on my last visit and barely squeezed into Tatsu, Apocalypse and Green Lantern, and had to skip Riddler.

But the coasters you *might* be OK on are Batman, Scream (look for the "big boy" seats with two seatbelts on both of those, I think Scream might even have a test seat out front), Goliath, Viper, Ninja and Gold Rusher. Every other flat ride and water ride will probably be OK too, those are generally more forgiving.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Wow, I would call the park and ask for a manager.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    If you end up not being able to ride anything... Just tell your co-workers that you're deathly afraid of roller coasters and get horrible nausea on rides. No one wants to get puked on...