Help with macros (for dieting)?

sunflic
sunflic Posts: 2 Member
Hi, I'm new to this place and I didn't know there was such an easy way to track this stuff.. I was using printed out tables to fill in all my information and track it all myself manually.

I'm asking this question because I'm wondering which macros to use, my previous ones, or the ones the website suggests? I'm still a little confused on how macros play a part besides not eating 24/7.

My previous/current macros:
Protein: 133g
Fat: 76g
Carbs: 76g

The macros the website suggests:
Protein: 60g
Fat: 40g
Carbs: 150g

It concerns me that the carbs are so high, I mean I never hit the protein daily on my macros, but I know I was eating 150g of carbs a day before my diet and I never lost weight. Once I started using the macros I calculated, I lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Or is this the mysterious water weight loss by cutting carbs?

So which one do I use? Will switching carbs and protein make an impact, or will the weight loss stay relatively the same if I were to use the websites chosen macros?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Whatever satisfies you the best. The default settings are 20% protein, 30% fat, and 50% carbs. You can play around with them until you reach a level that satisfies you (in increments of 5%, unless you subscribe to Premium where you can do custom macros). The only thing that matters to weight loss is a calorie deficit, so as long as you log accurately you'll lose.
  • sunflic
    sunflic Posts: 2 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Whatever satisfies you the best. The default settings are 20% protein, 30% fat, and 50% carbs. You can play around with them until you reach a level that satisfies you (in increments of 5%, unless you subscribe to Premium where you can do custom macros). The only thing that matters to weight loss is a calorie deficit, so as long as you log accurately you'll lose.

Is it really that easy? It's been a real chore trying to find anything at all that's low in carbs for my dailies, but I did manage to find a few things for it.

I guess I'll try a slight custom alternate to my previous ones. I'm just scared, I've never been on a true diet before and I don't want to go back up. :(