Suggestions for snacks!

Options
jaorti95
jaorti95 Posts: 65 Member
edited August 2015 in Food and Nutrition
So I've been really slacking it and slowly I'm getting back to my routine but the hard part is smacking in between meals! I have HUUUUUGE sweet tooth I care sweets in between meals it's horrible. Now I am here asking for any suggestions for snacks any kind really? That can be low in carbs? The help will be much appreciated thank you!

Replies

• BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    applesauce, raisins, yogurt, pudding
  • EvelynBrethour
    EvelynBrethour Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Greek Gods Kefir (plain) 4oz with 1oz of Pom's Pomegranate Juice, and one packet of Stevia. It is healthy, FILLING and refreshing. Best of luck to you!
  • jaorti95
    jaorti95 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Sorry for late reply!
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    no particular suggestion since i don't pay too much attention to the carb amount part of individual items but, i would recommend the website nuts.com for loads of healthy snack choices.. the superfood cereals make great quick munchie snacks and the energy squares are pretty yummy too.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Measure out a portion of raw almonds and good quality dark chocolate - great combination.

I also like fresh apples and a cheese stick, or apples/bananas with peanut or almond butter - both great for a slightly salty/sweet combo.

And if you can control yourself with Nutella, stir a tablespoon of the stuff into plain Greek yogurt, top it with fresh berries if ya got 'em - it's delicious.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I like low fat cottage cheese with local tomatoes or cucumber this time of year. Snacking by season keeps things interesting and you get the best flavor.
  • CherylNTexas
    CherylNTexas Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »
    And if you can control yourself with Nutella, stir a tablespoon of the stuff into plain Greek yogurt, top it with fresh berries if ya got 'em - it's delicious.

Oh my! I've been avoiding Nutella until I learn some control (ha), but this sounds so good it has to happen!!