first time bingeing help?

Options
TinaGetsFit92
TinaGetsFit92 Posts: 11 Member
edited August 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
So, I'm just going to cut the point. I am around 108 maybe 16% bf. I'm very lean and moderately cut. And that's just how I prefer to stay . I'm comfortable at that body state. Anyway. I went down the shore with my friends Saturday into today. (Just got home) and I barely slept, barely took in any liquid that wasn't alcoholic and I binged like nuts. I currently looking like I put on 20lbs and I'm very puffy. I'm assuming most of it is a carb/ sodium bloat. But I've never had this before. So I was wondering if there is anything I can do to help it die down faster?. I'm going to NYC on Thursday and I would prefer to not feel this uncomfortable.

Any advice is appreciated!

Replies

• TinaGetsFit92
    Options
    Oops sorry. Just remembered. This is my second time bingeing. But they aren't close at all! And I feel like this one is more severe. It went on for 2 days.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Don't punish yourself for the weekend. You did it; it's over; move on.

Drink lots of water.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Second the water. That's all you can do. Drink water, understand its temporary and will go away. Reevaluate why this is happening.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing yourself still? If so, at least then you'll know how much higher up you've gone. Are you logging food?

Also...define "binge"?

If I eat a lot of sodium 2-3 days in a row, I feel all swelled up and icky - and I see it in my ankles and tummy the most.

Drink plenty of water - maybe up your intake for a day or two - and try to stay under your sodium goal. The water weight should come off if you stick to your usual foods again :)

~Lyssa
  • adbhmb
    adbhmb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Third the water, and do not try to eat-less, push extra hard on workouts or the like to "make up" for it (it will just make you feel worse). Sip on a tea (herbal, green, oolong, just not black). go for a nice easy walk. And do a bit of gentle yoga
  • TinaGetsFit92
    Options
    I
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    Are you weighing yourself still? If so, at least then you'll know how much higher up you've gone. Are you logging food?

Also...define "binge"?

If I eat a lot of sodium 2-3 days in a row, I feel all swelled up and icky - and I see it in my ankles and tummy the most.

Drink plenty of water - maybe up your intake for a day or two - and try to stay under your sodium goal. The water weight should come off if you stick to your usual foods again :)

~Lyssa

I guess for me a " binge" was eating excessive amounts even though I was painfully full and couldn't stop. But I think a large amount of alcohol had a lot to do with it. I plan on going back to my normal routine tomorrow and maybe aim for 4L of water instead of my normal 2L.

I'm not planning on letting this happen again. I'm so uncomfortable and my clothes are tight. I was suppose to go dancing in the city Thursday and I don't want to feel "yucky" haha if that makes sense! :)
  • softandcuddly
    softandcuddly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is a good article to read - http://stomachbloating.net/alcohol-water-retention/
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I

Also...define "binge"?

~Lyssa

I guess for me a " binge" was eating excessive amounts even though I was painfully full and couldn't stop. But I think a large amount of alcohol had a lot to do with it. I plan on going back to my normal routine tomorrow and maybe aim for 4L of water instead of my normal 2L.

I'm not planning on letting this happen again. I'm so uncomfortable and my clothes are tight. I was suppose to go dancing in the city Thursday and I don't want to feel "yucky" haha if that makes sense! :)

4L might be a bit overboard but you'll hear differing opinions on that. Maybe just 2.5-3.

Take care of yourself - if you find this happening again, you may benefit from talking to a professional to see if that helps prevent you from being in this situation.

~Lyssa
  • TinaGetsFit92
    Options
    I

Also...define "binge"?

~Lyssa

4L might be a bit overboard but you'll hear differing opinions on that. Maybe just 2.5-3.

Take care of yourself - if you find this happening again, you may benefit from talking to a professional to see if that helps prevent you from being in this situation.

~Lyssa

Thank you very much! You've been a great help!