Going over because of fruit

Options
I have been eating a lot of fruit lately but I seem to be going way over on my calories.... Is it bad - i mean fruit cant make you fat or is a calorie a calorie??? It is blueberries, strawberries, bananas mostly.

Replies

• JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    I'd say a calorie is a calorie, but if you have still been losing you're probably fine... everyone is different:flowerforyou:
  • Rachelatbeach
    Options
    If I remember my chemistry, a calorie is a unit used to measure heat produced from burning, so a calorie is a calorie Another diet I was on balanced calories with fiber, fat calories "cost" more, food with lots of fiber cost less, and, like mfp, exercise gave you extra calories. There's also the stuff about protein calories take more calories to burn, last longer. Complex carbs are "better" than simple carbs. Fructose is "better" than sucrose. All the chemistry and nutritional facts lead to a very complex sytem. Counting calories works because it is simpler to figure. If you only ate the calories in hot fudge sundaes, I guess you would loose weight, but you wouldn't feel full or be very healthy. I try to think Food Pyramid, too.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Fruit could make you fat. If you fried it. :devil: But seriously, you should be fine.
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    Fruit could make you fat. If you fried it. :devil: But seriously, you should be fine.

i agree.
    when i have no calories left and im still hungry... i wont starve myself!! ill still grab an apple or a pear or a cup of watermelon or something...
  • LucyMilan
    LucyMilan Posts: 1
    Options
    Fruits are great! The best thing to eat first thing in the morning is fruit. Your body benefits from the sweet energy jump start, and also they power through your body like a scrub brush. And keep eating a variety of fruits too, as they each offer not only vitamins and minerals, but are a rich source of phytonutrients and antioxidants.

Check this out!

http://www.green-tea-health-news.com/calories-in-fruit.html

It's a list of the calorie content of fruit per half cup. So if you want to eat more volume and less calories, this chart could be your friend.

Happy Trails!
    -L

PS: Bananas may be your culprit. They are higher calorie, pretty sugary, and in my experience tend to go with peanut butter a little too well... ;-)