to bank or not to bank?

Options
i was just wondering weather its ok to accumulate and bank calories for the week for example i am on 1350 calories a day i use my own treadmill at home and can burn anywhere from 250-500 calories a day on it, would it be possible to save all my excercise calories and add them at the end of the week and use them? eg for birthdays meals outs etc?

Replies

• taycheese
    taycheese Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    ive thought about that before but ive never done it...curious as to what others say..
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    In that scenario I'd say no- you're netting way too low.

I do it, but only by about 200 cals and I'm still eating 1600-1700 cals.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I think it would probably work if you're within your weekly goal, but eating a mass amount on one day, especially near your normal weigh-in day would probably show a gain due to water/waste so if you decide to try it keep in mind the larger than normal meals you've consumed so you don't freak out. If I'm under by a bit I don't stress it too much because there will likely be a day that I'm over by a small amount and it seems to balance out.
  • Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Depends on your fitness level i would think...if your looking to shed weight you need those calories as part of your daily burn...but if your in maintence mode then all that you burn through exercise pretty much is gravy since you already have a solid diet and foundation in place
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I think it would probably work if you're within your weekly goal, but eating a mass amount on one day, especially near your normal weigh-in day would probably show a gain due to water/waste so if you decide to try it keep in mind the larger than normal meals you've consumed so you don't freak out. If I'm under by a bit I don't stress it too much because there will likely be a day that I'm over by a small amount and it seems to balance out.

Its just a way round i thought of as on weekends we tend to be more sociable and now summers hitting england everyones got bbqs out and invites going around id like to host one myself and theres so much good food around.... to not have it would be wrong! lol :) but id also like to keep going with my weight less and am happy if this strategy works as i know not to feel bad... ive also given up on using scales as they started t run my life at one point! :)
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Depends on your fitness level i would think...if your looking to shed weight you need those calories as part of your daily burn...but if your in maintence mode then all that you burn through exercise pretty much is gravy since you already have a solid diet and foundation in place

im looking to lose another 15lbs :)
  • JewelleryByMandy
    JewelleryByMandy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What about an extra class or 2 on the mornings of your socials and earn your extra cals that way!