I am so confused and need help.

Hello, everyone. I am an eighteen year old female, currently weigh 130 pounds, and five feet two inches. I am trying to lose fifteen pounds so I can be back to my previous weight and get more exercise ( I was a couch potato). I gained 15 pounds in two months and I really am motivated to lose this weight and become healthier overall. The problem is that I do not know where to start. I am completely new to this. Is eating 1500-2000 calories too low to start with? I plan on hopefully losing about a pound a week.

Thank you for your time.

Replies

• MaryCullen2
    MaryCullen2 Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2015
    I would be happy to share what has worked for me. I started about a month an half ago and I lost 4 inches in my waist!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited August 2015
    I would be happy to share what has worked for me. I started about a month an half ago and I lost 4 inches in my waist!

Why can't you share it here?

OP. Just tell MFP you want to lose .5 lbs per week. When you only have a bit to lose, it's nicer to shoot for .5 lbs per week. You don't just make up some calorie count between 1500-2000. That's a huge range and completely arbitrary.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    I would be happy to share what has worked for me. If your interested message me and I can direct you to my facebook page. I am starting a free support group in just two weeks . I started about a month an half ago and I lost 4 inches in my waist!

FYI you can't recruit for MLM schemes on MFP. Not saying that's what you are doing, but it kinda sounds fishy...
  • ReadingTiger
    ReadingTiger Posts: 2 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    I would be happy to share what has worked for me. If your interested message me and I can direct you to my facebook page. I am starting a free support group in just two weeks . I started about a month an half ago and I lost 4 inches in my waist!

Why can't you share it here?

OP. Just tell MFP you want to lose .5 lbs per week. When you only have a bit to lose, it's nicer to shoot for .5 lbs per week. You don't just make up some calorie count between 1500-2000. That's a huge range and completely arbitrary.

Thank you so much. I was so confused so I just read all these articles about cutting your calorie intake in half. Thank you for clearing that up for me.