Why I love my Fitbit!

Options
2»

Replies

• Flookbird
    Flookbird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    How do you see your average burn please? I can only find my average over the week? I'm still getting used to it!

If you go to your fitbit dashboard and click on your profile you can see your average burn for the past 30 days. You can also see your average intake.

If you subtract one from the other you'll see your average deficit.

If you times your average deficit by 30 you'll see your total deficit.

If you then divide that by 3500 (the number of calories of deficit needed to lose 1lb of fat) you can see the theoretical number of pounds you should have lost in the past 30 days.

Of course, there are lots of variables involved, the main one being accurate logging. But doing that can help you see how your Fitbit is working for you weight-wise.
  • NotGnarly
    NotGnarly Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit charge HR and love it! I purchased it in May and have gotten more active. I also find it to be very accurate with my heart rate even when lifting heavy weights. During cardio I get the same read out as the machines. I burn over 2800 cals on my workout days and have upped my calories. It does take some effort to get 10,000 steps but it's so worth it.
  • airbent
    airbent Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Just got a charge HR last night, super excited!
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    <3<3<3 this post, and I love my Flex! Every single point made in the OP is spot on for me as well. My man is even getting into it--we've been going for hour-long walks every day and he's starting to hint at wanting his own Fitbit. My six-year-old always asks how I'm doing on my challenges and gets me out for a walk if someone is beating me. It's been awesome.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    1. I love Fitbit because it syncs with Trendweight (it's free) to plot a moving average of my weight without the "noise" from water weight.

2. Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun.

3. Fitbit showed me that even with a desk job I'm lightly active.
    karyabc wrote: »
    The one the I'm getting is the flex, will that be ok? I know there are others better, but that's the one that I can afford right now.

Which Fitbit you choose is entirely a matter of personal preference.
    Do fitbits count only calories burned from walking or do they include exercise calories? I'm so clueless, I thought they just counted steps.

All Fitbits calculate your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), the calories necessary to maintain your current weight. When you connect your accounts and enable negative calorie adjustments, MFP adjusts your daily goal to TDEE minus deficit.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • Flookbird
    Flookbird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good to see so many of you have signed up for Bounts!