BELLY FAT

Options
I just want to know is there anyone else out there that loose fat and inches every where but not enough around the waist and belly area? If you were sucessful loosing your belly fat and luv handles I'm always open for tips and advise....THX

Replies

• gcgrl788
    gcgrl788 Posts: 30
    Options
    I would love to know how to lose my stomach "pouch" and my love handles!!
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I can never seem to get rid of my lower belly. I never had a huge one. Always had the lines and definition but never a 6 pack or a flat lower section.

I cant wait to hear the tips though.
  • Nickstery
    Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I would check out Jillian MIchaels' book "Making the Cut" she has really good tips with eating plans and exercise that you can do to get rid of that last bit of weight that you want to loose.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    If you're having problems with it and you're far along in your journey, it's your problem area and it will most likely go last. For me, it's thighs. My belly and lovehandles have gone first...I've been doing lots of cardio and hardly any toning exercises for my abs but am going to start doing them.
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just watched a video on how to train that area. You want to train your transverse ab muscle TVR. This is a muscle that is inside all of abdomen muscles. If you pull your belly button in like to touch your spine that is working the TVR muscle. You can go on all fours and pull your belly button toward you spine and contract and hold for 10 seconds. Then build up to 30 seconds. You can also lay down like you would do an ab crunch and pull the belly button into the spine while doing a crunch.

You might want to check with fitclick.com or google transverse ab muscle.:flowerforyou:
  • gcgrl788
    gcgrl788 Posts: 30
    Options
    Just watched a video on how to train that area. You want to train your transverse ab muscle TVR. This is a muscle that is inside all of abdomen muscles. If you pull your belly button in like to touch your spine that is working the TVR muscle. You can go on all fours and pull your belly button toward you spine and contract and hold for 10 seconds. Then build up to 30 seconds. You can also lay down like you would do an ab crunch and pull the belly button into the spine while doing a crunch.

You might want to check with fitclick.com or google transverse ab muscle.:flowerforyou:

I know that while doing exercises you are suppose to pull your stomach in, but it is so hard for me to do while certain exercises. Mostly it is hard while doing crunches (which probably is the most important to do it with). Any tips on how to keep your belly sucked in??
  • Kimd1972
    Kimd1972 Posts: 45
    Options
    I have the same problem! Unfortunately, in all my trainings and certifications, I have learned that you can not "spot reduce"! I would love that "spot" to be eliminated! Belly fat is stubborn and the only way to burn fat is cardio. Now, all the ab exercises will make the muscles underneath stronger and ultimately that muscle strength will make you burn fat quicker and more effectively! That is why, when you are working out, you are constantly being reminded to hold your abs it. This is to train the abs and protect your lower back!

Don't give up...like I said that area is stubborn! :mad: