How many calories?

So I hit a plateau, but I'm satisfied with the way I look and am aiming to maintain at this weight. my question is, should I continue eating the number of calories I was when I hit the plateau (I set it to lose a pound a week, but was never losing that fast), or should I reset it to maintain? I'm concerned that the maintain setting is too many calories. Thanks!

Replies

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Slash the maintenance setting by 100-200 calories then, wait four-eight weeks, and reevaluate.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    If you want to maintain your current weight and your current calorie allowance results in you maintaining your weight why would you change?

Am I missing something?

Calculators are just generic estimates - actual results over time are what matter.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited August 2015
    sijomial wrote: »
    If you want to maintain your current weight and your current calorie allowance results in you maintaining your weight why would you change?

Am I missing something?

Calculators are just generic estimates - actual results over time are what matter.

I think she's still eating at a deficit but not losing and thinking of switching to maintenance.

As BBQsauce said OP, maybe deduct 100 or so calories from what your maintenance calories are - eat that and see what happens.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    If she isn't losing weight over a prolonged period of time (length of "plateau" not stated) then OP is eating at an estimated deficit and not an actual deficit.

My estimated numbers were always out by 300 cals/day.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    If you haven't been losing then you are already eating at maintenance calories...
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    If you haven't been losing then you are already eating at maintenance calories...

Maybe she's not weighing her food accurately & eating at a higher level than she thought.