Just Me

Options
I've always been a bigger girl, the fat kid in the family. Comparing myself to my sister, getting glares/comments from my parents for eating something I shouldn’t (or too much of something), being the fat friend that never got asked to dance or was ever hit on.
While school shopping I would always have to get the clothes that made me feel like an old woman.

I wanted to be my sister, I wanted to be the skinny hot girl at the club/bar, or I wanted to be one of the pretty skinny girls from school/office.

In May 2015 I came across a kickboxing class close by and emailed them explaining my situation, that I was 28yrs old 5’3, 235lbs and sick of it. After trying a class, I decided I would sign up for the next 16 sessions and finally do this. Since beginning of July, I’ve started eating better (making better choices), and drinking more water.

What finally clicked....I can’t be my sister, or those skinny girls at the club, or the pretty skinny girls in the office.
All I can be is me and I am going to be the best damn version of me I can be!

SW: 235lbs June 1, 2015
CW: 222.3lbs July 30, 2015
GW: 145lbs
Diet: Monitoring my calorie intake using MFP
Exercise: Sunday & Monday – 20min walk/jog (starting) & a few reps of strength training
Tuesday & Thursday – 1hr Cardio Kickboxing (including strength training exercises)
Wednesday – 1hr POP Pilates

Replies

• KHM_Fitness
    KHM_Fitness Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You are great!, be your self and be the healtheir, prettier version of you
  • kellyjaneturner611
    Options
    Wow you're doing really well!!! Keep at it and you will reach your goal before you know it :)