I"ve gotta focus on me

Options
I see people all around me who are suffering acute and chronic illnesses as a result of a combination of poor lifestyle choices; such as not mangaing their stress, lack of exercise, poor diet, etc. I see time and again friends, neighbors and relatives who have had illnesses related to obesity alone.

I'm certainly not perfect in my approach, but I am trying to eat better and get some exercise in every day. I wish I could do more to help others (especially loved ones) do better with their own fitness, but some are in denial and some will not take responsibility for their health.

I've come to realize that the most impactful thing I can do to help others in this area is to be the best role model I can be and work on these three areas: 1) me, 2) myself and 3) I.

Replies

• GemmaGx
    GemmaGx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree. Lead by example and also putting yourself first with regards to your health is really important. People have to come to their own decisions about making changes as you can't do it for them. My husband saw me losing weight and taking control of my fitness and without me mentioning anything he has decided he could do it too. He is even joining the tennis club again! So happy about it plus it helps me with him doing it too.

If you succeed, others may ask your advice or they might just realise they can do it too. I am with you on having more time working on me. And why not? It is important for me to be happy and healthy if I am to be the best mother, teacher and wife I can be. I am a role model so I am leading by example with you. X