Just got a p/t job!

Options
I'm starting on Thursday. It's part time cleaning and dog washing at a local groomer. I won't change anything immediately, but if I'm going 3 times a week for 6+ hours, should I change my activity level from sedentary to lightly active? Or should I wait a few weeks to see if I'm "starving" on days I go to work?
I've been a SAHM for the past 7 years, other than daily stuff, I'm pretty sedentary. Thanks for any tips!

Replies

• hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure washing dogs part time isn't going to make you starve lol. I work. 3-4 "12 hour". (Really more like 13-14 hour) shifts and even I'm not starving during or after them. It's also very active work.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    To ensure you stay in deficit you may want to keep your setting at Sedentary and adjust if you feel you need more.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Keep your setting as is, and if you feel more hungry on days you work, then eat a bit more. I work p/t as replenishment for Michael's Crafts. I'm on my feet and moving for five-six hours from three to five days a week. On days I work, I let myself eat a bit more if I'm hungry. It works because I also workout when I get home.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the job!