Lost 20 pounds, but don't notice anything?

So, i've lost 20 pounds but i don't see anything different about myself. Its not like i was huge to begin with (I started out at 180 at 5'8, i wore a size 33 pants) but, nobody has said anything to me about it. I definitely feel cheated lol I run everyday and i work out at home. There's obviously a change in the scale but, no change anywhere else. is this anyone elses case as well? wtf lol

Replies

• greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    I have lost 55 and don't see that much difference and certainly haven't gotten as many comments about my loss as I thought I would loading that much! Just remember you are doing this for you. To be healthy and fit, not for the compliments, those are just icing on the cake!
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    I'm at 45lbs lost and people are just starting to really notice. At first it irritated me but then I reminded myself that I was doing this for ME and no one else. They will notice eventually and so will you.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    They will come I'm sure. Be patient. In the meantime, keep up the great work and flaunt your new sexy -20 lb body! :happy:
  • Focusedjessy
    Focusedjessy Posts: 114 Member
    I didn't notice until I got to about 25lbs.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    It depends on the person, I lost around 30-34lb, gained 5 while bulking and I've now lost around another 4, aiming for another 30ish but since the initial loss of 30-34lb I seem to have a lot of people noticing. Remember skin becomes loose and doesn't tighten quickly which can make someone look fat even if they have lost a lot, luckily for me I've tried to build muscle so my skin doesn't have to tighten as much but once another 10-20 comes off I guarantee people will start noticing a lot more, give your body time to tighten the skin aswell.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    It's pretty common. Most people don't start to notice a change until about 30 lbs, unless you've taken the proper steps (body measurements, progress pictures). Since the changes are incremental and spread out over your body, you don't notice any drastic changes. If you put pictures of yourself from before you started and today next to one another, I bet you would be able to see a difference.