Logging recipes properly

Options
I need a bit help. I weigh everything and use the barcode scanner to scan items and log properly.

My question is with roast dinners.

Here is what I have done....
In my recipes for the roast chicken.. Scanned barcode, weighed and logged, measured 1 tbsp oil scanned barcode and logged. Placed in oven on high heat. Then portion when cooked skin removed? For my potatoes I have just peeled and chopped Maris pipers and put them in the chicken dish to cook with the chicken juices no added oil so record them as just the Maris pipers. Then made my stuffing weighing and logging everything, also added this to the chicken dish to cook in the juices no added oil. My question being when this be correct? I have only added 1 tbsp of oil with the original chicken which has been logged and recorded. Everything else is the juices from the chicken so does that count as included in the chicken calories. I am hoping if this is the case and I am pouring awake and draining the left over juices so would that overstated these loggings? Or are they incorrect?

Also for my gravy I have also created a recipes so weigh, potatoes, onions, carrots, measure stock, and oil. Log as my gravy but I then once cooked sieve out the potatoes onions and carrots. I don't added flour or thickern as the potatoes do that. Would this then create an overstate recipe as I don't actually eat the veg just the juices form them?

Not sure if this makes sense but I would rather overstate slightly then understated. Or am I doing this whole thing completely wrong? Does the calories change as you cook them or is it just about the amount of oil you add?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It's always better to guesstimate UP as this isn't an exact science.