Support for AIP?

Options
I'm starting my second week of the Autoimmune Protocol and wondering if anyone else is on it or tried it? I've seen some improvement but not as much as I want and just feeling a bit frustrated.

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    You will need to be patient, if AIP is going to be helpful to you it is likely to take more than a week for it to kick in properly.
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I know. Do you have any ideas for how to stay with it? I use food for comfort but can't while on AIP
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Comes down to health doesn't it. Long term health over very short-term pleasure.

Find alternative things to do other than comfort eat. If stressed have a soak in the bath, if angry do a boxing class or hit the road for a brisk walk, if lonely call or visit with a friend, keep your hands and mind busy..do some knitting or crocheting, etc etc
  • rchlht
    rchlht Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am on it for the 3rd time, because it was so hard to stick with, but im feeling pretty good about my odds this time i know so much more.
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I just finished 4 weeks strict and am feeling amazing. Just starting the reintroduction of some foods. Feel free to add me!