Feeling guilty

Options
So I've worked out for the last 8 days in a row. I do Shawn Ts t25. I'm taking tonight off and I feel guilty about it. I've lost 4 pounds so far and don't want to gain it back from not working out. Ughhh I should just work out but I'm so tired. Anyone else ever feel like this?

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    It's okay to take a break. your body needs to rebuild all the little micro injuries you get while working out. I only work out every other day. It's generally accepted to take an "off" day after a weight lifting day as that's when your body actually repairs and builds the muscle.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You should take rest days. It gives your body time to recover. If you do high intensity workouts with no rest/light activity days to give your body a break you risk injury. Injury can keep you from exercising for months.

edit: I googled for a calendar of your program and it looks like your supposed to be taking 2 rest days a week (Sat & Sun) if you are following the calendar that came with it.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    As long as you keep at it, it will happen. Look how long it took you to gain the weight. It will come off a lot faster: months instead of years. Have patience and don't overdo it!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Your body needs rest days. Never feel guilty about taking care of yourself.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Your body needs to rest. It won't make you gain the weight back, but weight loss isn't linear anyway. It's all about being in a calorie deficit.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Remember: you don't gain weight from not exercising. You gain weight by eating at a calorie surplus. Stay under your calorie goal and you'll be fine. Shake off that guilt!
  • suzettedees
    suzettedees Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I take every Sunday off. I may go for a light walk with my dogs but, that's it. If you are feeling tired I would think your body is telling you that you need the rest.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Take the rest day that your body is telling you that it needs and do something relaxing that you enjoy instead.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    A big part of getting more fit is recognizing when your body needs rest.

If you're following a schedule of workouts, take those rest days!!!

Rest days don't have to mean you lay on the couch all day. I'll still do chores around the house and go for a couple walks - I usually get in 6000-8000 steps on rest day. I'll go at a leisurely pace, and I'll skip the walks if my feet or legs are overly sore, too.

All a rest day means is that you're not out there pushing yourself.

~Lyssa