Exercise that doesn't suck?

Options

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Do you belong to a gym? Try a few of the classes. I love the Boot Camp classes at my gym. I also belong to a kickboxing gym that I love. I go hiking almost every weekend too - hardly seems like exercise when you're out in beautiful nature.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Find something you do like. A half hour bike ride is perfect exercise. I do it every single chance I get.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Exercises that don't suck:

skateboarding
    snowboarding
    deadlifts
    squats
    bench press
    overhead press
    pull-ups
    surfing
    running (I disagree with you OP)
    badminton
    basketball
    baseball/softball
    ice skating
    hockey
    football
    soccer
    hiking
    canoeing
    kayaking
    bicycling
    martial arts
    skiing
    swimming
    rock climbing
    dancing
    flying trapeze stunts
    golf (if you walk and carry your clubs)
    rollerblading
    volleyball
    wrestling
    rugby
    water polo

just to name a few, I'm sure I missed lots of them
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I enjoy so many forms of exercise that I don't have time to hate. I need more time in the week to do all of them, lol.
  • rebjessja
    rebjessja Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I LOVE 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme, and CIZE - only 30 minutes a day! I lost 16 lbs.
  • Lvqt
    Lvqt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    See this kitten (profile pic)? Feel free to punch it any time!
  • dianahaynes925
    dianahaynes925 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with jumping rope!
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Lvqt wrote: »
    See this kitten (profile pic)? Feel free to punch it any time!
    As some one who has owned abused animals in the past I do NOT find this funny and have reported you! Have a nice day!

• TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I love pilates. If I could I would paddleboard. I do enjoy running but have been known to walk also. Some people love zumba [I hate it]. I also enjoy spinning in the winter.
  • amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I hate running tried a bunch of different exercise until i found something i love doing .the result weight lifting and kickboxing.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Lift weights.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I hate cardio-so I don't do it. I run across the street when the light is going to change once in awhile and that's good enough for me. I love to lift, so I do that.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    I only run if I'm being chased ...

I only run when I'm chasing my bus! :grin:

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I walk and lift weights. ;)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    One thing I try to do is to incorporate exercise into my day rather than (or often, in addition to) "doing exercise".

In other words ... I walk as part of my commute to and from work and university. I have to get there somehow, and the walking is really quite pleasant.

I walk at lunch, often running errands. Today, for example, I have to dash out and buy tickets for a couple events, and I'll probably do a brisk walk and some window shopping while I'm out there.

I try to take the stairs up to the 5th floor where I work at least once a day. It's not much, but it is more exercise than riding the lift.

We've got a small grocery store not far from where we live, so if we run out of one or two items and don't really want to drive to the big grocery store, we'll walk down there and pick them up.

All these little things do help. :)
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    My favorite exercise is lifting weights, not because of the calorie burn, but because I want to keep as much muscle mass as I can while eating at a deficit. It's also quite empowering. I can squat more than 1.25 x my body weight and deadlift even more than that! :smile:
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    Exercises that don't suck:

skateboarding
    snowboarding
    deadlifts
    squats
    bench press
    overhead press
    pull-ups
    surfing
    running (I disagree with you OP)
    badminton
    basketball
    baseball/softball
    ice skating
    hockey
    football
    soccer
    hiking
    canoeing
    kayaking
    bicycling
    martial arts
    skiing
    swimming
    rock climbing
    dancing
    flying trapeze stunts
    golf (if you walk and carry your clubs)
    rollerblading
    volleyball
    wrestling
    rugby
    water polo

just to name a few, I'm sure I missed lots of them

Love your list but you missed running. :smiley:
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    Rowing (on the water, but I love it so much that I'll actually do rowing machine in winter, or other sorta boring forms of aerobic exercise to stay in shape for it, or lifting for the same reason . . . I even occasionally swim despite totally hating to swim because you need to be able to swim if you fall out of the rowing shell). Keep trying different things until you find something you love that much; it's out there.

I also like spin class, and bicycling, and I used to love Kung Fu (which dropped out of my life for reasons other than lack of loving it).
  • gtheisen
    gtheisen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What does and doesn't suck is totally your own definition. In order to maintain an active lifestyle, happily, you need to find so.ething you enjoy doing. Running isn't for everyone. Try a variety of things. You may find that you need to switch out your exercise in order not to becime bored.

I use a treadmill and have the TV or audio books for company. I also do yoga and Pilates and Leslie Sansone workouts. That combination works for me. Yours will likely be different.

Everything in moderation. You don't need to workout for hours at a time. Start with 20 or 30 minutes of some activity and add on as you get more fit. Break up your exercises throughout the day...a 20 minute walk, then 20 minutes of yoga, then 20 minutes of something else later on.

Good luck!

• natlierees
    natlierees Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do spin twice a week, 3 days of weights sometimes I do legs, bums and tums or Zumba. Spin is my favourite but weights give me better results. I pay £16 for my gym membership I think it's reasonable