Net calories

Options
Does anyone know why my net calories doesnt show? It only shows goal, food, exercise & remaining

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I never focus on net calories. I have always set a specific calorie goal based on my weight progression and don't worry about logging exercise calories. If you do just focus on your total intake and adjust it according to your weight loss every 2-3 weeks, then your exercise calories will be accounted for automatically.

What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to make good progress towards your goal. If you are trying to lose weight, eat so you drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1600 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for 2 weeks. If you lose 1-2 lbs/week, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few cycles, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.