Iowa 51346--

Iowa51346
Iowa51346 Posts: 5 Member
edited August 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi--I am new to Fitness Pal so just learning how to use it. I like the fact that you can see how much protein, carbs, sugar, etc. that you are getting in a day and where you are getting it from. I have been doing Weight Watchers but think it is too much money and the meetings are great when you are doing great but when you hit those plateaus (sp?) or just not doing so well it is really hard to get on the scale and suck it up. I quit Weight Watchers. Although they already have my money for another month. Anyway I am excited about trying this. I know I do my best when I track. May have some questions later. I have never been one to use the message boards but maybe I need to do that to get others help.

Replies

• PhotoGal50131
    PhotoGal50131 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello Iowa 51346. I'm located in Iowa, 50131. :smile: I too did weight watchers several years ago and found the tracking part was the most helpful for me. In fact, I mostly did the electronic version of WW simply to have the tracker feature. I didn't know this program existed. It's fantastic and it's FREE! I've been using this program since Jul 29, 2015, a few days after purging my pantry and freezer/fridge of all processed foods. Our goal (my husband is doing it with me) is to change our lifestyle to eating good REAL food. I once saw something on Facebook that said about food, if it lasts a long time on your shelf - don't eat it because it's bad for you. However, if it spoils quickly - eat it because it's good for you. That seemed to really make sense to me.

This is also the first time I've written in this chat room so I don't know where I'll see a reply from you if you do reply, but I hope to find it. :wink: