what do I do?

I'm being honest about my calorie count but not getting the results. I have had a broken wrist since January 8 so my life has been sedentary since then but will get a much needed boost in 2 weeks. maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Replies

• mikeleroux1970
    mikeleroux1970 Posts: 28 Member
    I'm being honest about my calorie count but not getting the results. I have had a broken wrist since January 8 so my life has been sedentary since then but will get a much needed boost in 2 weeks. maybe I'm doing something wrong?
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    What did you set your activity level at? If it's too high it may have given you more calories than you should have. Also - until you heal can you take walks or get light cardio like that in?
  • mikeleroux1970
    mikeleroux1970 Posts: 28 Member
    just starting with light cardio. I have it set for sedentary lifestyle.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Mike what is your BMR you might want to check to see if you are eating enough calories and keep doing the light exercise.

Hope that helps
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    I don't know, I was doing very good until I lost 10lbs and it reduced my calories and even though I stick to it , I was losing 2lbs a week and then 1 lb a week , last week nothing. I am as confused as you are sorry:huh:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    I experienced the same situation when I first joined. I was putting on weight instead of taking it off but, for me, I found that by eating my calorie level used to set up my account was one thing but then adding the calories to my eating that I "earned" due to the amount of exercise didn't have the positive effect I was hoping for. In my case, and I've heard it from others, I had to not eat to my exercise calorie level in order to achieve a weight loss of 1.9lbs per week. But this doesn't appear to be your problem.

For me I'm supposed to eat 1370 calories a day to lose 2lbs a week with normal activity but I've found that if I don't work out this calorie level just maintains my weight at whateve level it currently is. I started out weighing 236.5lbs and now weigh 194 but trying to achieve 165. I'm only giving you this information to see if it helps you figure out what you're doing or done is about right.

Bob