Maintaining while Toning! How?

So im happy with my weight right now but I want to continue to tone up my muscles and core without loosing weight and going below the healthy range of the BMI.

I adjusted my calories from 1200 - 1530 (when im a couch potato at weekends) to 1730 (during weekdays). I also continued working out, but i ended up loosing 4kg! Now im trying to gain it back. Because of that incident (loosing 4kg) im scared working out!

HELP.

Replies

• jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    It sounds like you want to "recomp" - gain muscle, while losing fat and staying about the same weight. Check out this thread. Focus on resistance training (lifting weights) instead of cardio. You may need to up your calories if you're still losing weight. Do it gradually until you find your true maintenance number.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited August 2015
    You just haven't found your ideal maintenance calories yet, up them a bit more until you stop losing...
    Keep enjoying the workouts, they're so beneficial in numerous ways - just eat more :smile:
    If you're active its likely you can maintain on more than 1730 every day - try eating at 1900 for a few weeks and see what the scale says..its likely you'll be able to eat much more..
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    So im happy with my weight right now but I want to continue to tone up my muscles and core without loosing weight and going below the healthy range of the BMI.

I adjusted my calories from 1200 - 1530 (when im a couch potato at weekends) to 1730 (during weekdays). I also continued working out, but i ended up loosing 4kg! Now im trying to gain it back. Because of that incident (loosing 4kg) im scared working out!

HELP.

Don't stop working out, just eat more.