Hi all! Not a newbie, but looking for support and to support!

Options
I need community on here. It's been a lonesome journey and I've been falling back a lot.

I am looking for people to support and for others to help support me.

I am a nearly obese, young adult, female. I struggle with emotional eating and body confidence. I have lost 30lbs and then gained 20lbs back during the time I got married. I was using caloriecount for a while but switched to myfitnesspal because the app is SO much better than CC's.

What I miss is the community though. Anyone out there looking for a buddy?

Replies

• sandybeaches4u
    sandybeaches4u Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm looking for a buddy. I have struggled with the same issues. Let's talk anytime.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,227 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome, killertofu! (LOVE the name). Good luck here at MFP. :)
  • killertofu22
    killertofu22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm looking for a buddy. I have struggled with the same issues. Let's talk anytime.
    Thanks! It's the emotional eating that's the worst for me.
  • killertofu22
    Options
    davis_em wrote: »
    Welcome, killertofu! (LOVE the name). Good luck here at MFP. :)

Thanks! lol
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You don't have to undertake the journey alone, and this is a great place to find like-minded people who struggle with the same things. Feel free to add me if you'd like, but I warn you I (sometimes) talk a lot and on occasion have been known to speak some truths which are hard to hear. Mostly for my own kick in the pants but often others find it hits close to home for them.
  • killertofu22
    Options
    Welcome! You don't have to undertake the journey alone, and this is a great place to find like-minded people who struggle with the same things. Feel free to add me if you'd like, but I warn you I (sometimes) talk a lot and on occasion have been known to speak some truths which are hard to hear. Mostly for my own kick in the pants but often others find it hits close to home for them.

I will friend you. You sound like the kick in the *kitten* I need. LOL My husband was the one who was the first to get me in gear to be more mindful.

Now, before any panties get in a bunch about "he should accept you as is". I started it. At my heaviest, I weight 200lbs. Instead of doing something about it. I came home and cried to him. He gave no sympathy and said "do something about it or stay the weight you are". So I decided to change.

It's been a long battle, but it feels good to have others to talk to too. he understands, but he's never been overweight, so he doesn't really understand.