I Yo-Yo MFP more than my weight...until now

Options
Hello everyone! I am 31 years old, a wife and mother and needlessly overweight. Ok, ok, obese. It's incredibly frustrating, disheartening, depressing and yet, I can't seem to stick to anything to make it better. However, I realized that my family needs me and I can't help them and grow old with them if I am not ensuring that I will even grow old! So, I'm back to MFP and hopfully this time I'll stick with it! I have a long way to go, but I am confident that once I can get started, I can make a huge difference in my life!

Oh, the other stuff...I'm a social worker, employed by the State Of Texas and I live in Austin with my fam.

I think that's good for an introduction, no? :smile:

Replies

• apollinav
    apollinav Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

I really like that your family is your inspiration. *hugs!
  • Naturally_sassy0525
    Naturally_sassy0525 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great intro!. I also live in Texas and struggle with an on again off again relationship with MFP. This time around I am determined to get this 80 pounds off once and for all. Not only for myself but my children, and family. We started insanity this week!
  • culb2012
    culb2012 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm recommitting today too! :) I love how your reason has to do with being there for your family. Having that strong "why" will keep you going. I'm also working on me to be the best version of myself, to reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes, etc, to set a good example for my daughter, and to feel comfortable in my skin. :) If you'd like to be MFP buddies, please send me a friend invite! We can encourage each other to keep going!
  • lrobterry
    lrobterry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a 33 year old teacher from VA. Over ten years, I put on 100 pounds. My goal weigt at the moment is 180. I do not want my daughter to remember me as the fat mom! So I am on here to change my ways and take responsibility for my own poor, overindulgent eating habits!