How many FRIENDS do you REALLY have?

Options
bloodyhonest
bloodyhonest Posts: 196 Member
edited August 2015 in Chit-Chat
I have zero. :(

Lots of acquaintances and a few fakies... but I don't have a single real friend..I am beginning to think they don't exist.

What I hate is when you have a group of what you think are friends but then you discover that one of them gets jealous when you spend a bit of more time with another member of your so called friend group... it's ridiculous, but it really does happen. Petty crap like that makes me want to avoid making friends.

Oh, and I love that friend (sarcasm) that loves to boast about their upcoming birthday, after months of no contact... they expect you to flourish them with gifts, so selfish. Why do adults still make a huge deal about their brithdays ? It is a bit childish, no?

Then there's that friend who is secretly in competition with you. Even when you help them out, they still don't return the favor because they always want to be a step ahead of ya...

Do people suck or have I just become a very negative person?

Replies

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Nope. People really do suck. I probably only have 5-8 people that I would rely on for anything more than tucking the tag of my shirt in.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    Friends that I can call at 3 am when I need a shoulder to cry on? None! I lost all my friends when I moved away.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Hmmm, yeah...and out of my 5-8, I'm pretty sure none of them are 'I can call at 3am crying' type of friends.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    None. Really nice people around me but cero friend

And yes I wish I didn't lose so much time in people I thought were my friends, especially in college -___-
  • bloodyhonest
    Options
    I see people with friends, and I wonder if they are just accepting them because they don't want to be friendless. I've cut everyone out of my life that I felt was not a true friend, so that's why I have no one....I can't put up with crap, some stuff can be so emotionally draining... I almost feel as though it is safer to not have friends.
  • loumrn
    loumrn Posts: 63 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    One. Known her since we were unable to walk. I trust nobody but her. All others are charlatans!
  • karyabc
    Options
    Nah! I see a lot of people who hang out on a daily basis but are they really really friends? Not really.

• bloodyhonest
    Options
    karyabc wrote: »
    Nah! I see a lot of people who hang out on a daily basis but are they really really friends? Not really.

Then isn't that really not good company then? Wouldn't you be afraid of the day when they flip on ya? I wouldn't feel comfortable with people I couldn't really trust...
  • bloodyhonest
    Options
    Hmmm, yeah...and out of my 5-8, I'm pretty sure none of them are 'I can call at 3am crying' type of friends.

What is it that they offer then? How often do you communicate with these 5-8?
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I think it's pretty cynical to suggest that everyone sucks and friends are not worth having. I'm sure everyone has had a few friends over their lives that have been pretty unreliable or dropped off or otherwise not worth having around, but I think if you feel that way about everyone and have not been able to maintain a single true friendship in your life, you're the common denominator. I'm not saying that to be a jerk, but I find it hard to believe that every person you've surrounded yourself with has been awful. Or if they are, again it seems you are not doing a very good job of finding decent people.
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    haha, this is so depressing!
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    I see people with friends, and I wonder if they are just accepting them because they don't want to be friendless. I've cut everyone out of my life that I felt was not a true friend, so that's why I have no one....I can't put up with crap, some stuff can be so emotionally draining... I almost feel as though it is safer to not have friends.
    Tiz definitely safer.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    hmmm i have maybe one friend

• Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options
    None
  • karyabc
    Options
    karyabc wrote: »

Then isn't that really not good company then? Wouldn't you be afraid of the day when they flip on ya? I wouldn't feel comfortable with people I couldn't really trust...

A while ago I was desperate for a friend, a real one! And somehow I got mad at the world, thinking why in hell no one care or treats me the way I do for others, that resulted in me cutting everyone out of my life (I felt worst doing that), but the thing is yeah I have a lot of people around me who truly are not my friends, but hey they are really nice people, we hang out, we have our instagrams full of memories, just because they are not like the exact definition of a friend doesn't mean they are not worth my time

So I made peace with the world, got everyone back in my life, but in my mind I don't give my self 100% , not anymore, I don't want to get hurt.

But to be honest on a personal matter, the older I get, the friendless I get too.

Dont know if that answers your question..
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    True friends, not counting my husband, or my family I have 1. Yep just one, uno. Shes been my bestie since the 6th grade and thats really all I need.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    My husband and one other guy that I've known for almost 20 years. He is the kind of friend that you can call anytime and his first words are "do you need me to come there cause I'm on my way?". He has the same name as my husband and we used to all him my "back up". LOL He's married now to a great gal who is becoming a good friend too.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I have one we consider part of the family and I'd say I have at least two or three others who I'd consider true friends