It's happened.......

Options
2»

Replies

• andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Many apps have a graph of your weight. As long it goes down it is what counts. Ignore day to day fluctuations. I have "happy scale" this is what my graph looks like.8y1qnhvav5s0.png
    001.PNG 109.7K
  • Tinawood40
    Tinawood40 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wow that's super cool. Puts it into perspective. Thx.
  • Tinawood40
    Options
    No kidding Christine - I moved the scale all over the bathroom trying to get it to tell me something else. My husband is standing out side the door saying "well....well" as I'm moving the scale around saying "hang on - hand on". Lol. I'm laughing now.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Tinawood40 wrote: »
    No kidding Christine - I moved the scale all over the bathroom trying to get it to tell me something else. My husband is standing out side the door saying "well....well" as I'm moving the scale around saying "hang on - hand on". Lol. I'm laughing now.

:laugh:

I've got some funny pictures in my head, Especially those who weigh themselves naked, bumbling around in the bathroom with their scale!

• Tinawood40
    Options
    That would be me......I know...... Too much information.
  • Christine_72
    edited August 2015
    Options
    That would be me......I know...... Too much information.

Not at all tmi! It's winter here and it's waaay too cold in the mornings to be stripping down in the cold bathroom. I'll be right there with you when it's summer here though :lol:

• knmzmom
    knmzmom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    christinev297...I have a specific spot I put my scale in AND I weigh naked...no room for blaming it on the clothes or where the scale is sitting. Any weight gain is ALL ON ME... ;)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Very normal and I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options

I've got some funny pictures in my head, Especially those who weigh themselves naked, bumbling around in the bathroom with their scale!

Lol...Every little bit helps...When the scale doesn't say the right thing and you move it all over the bathroom to try to find the sweet spot, have you tried shaving your legs before standing on it again? Not me, but a friend of mine tried this once....
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    May the force be with you Tina :lol: It happens to me all the bloody time!

There I stand on that scale, with that look upon my face that we all have when those numbers don't say what we want them to :anguished::astonished:

this made me laugh so hard :D:D !! my face is usually like -.- #WhySoSerious? , well let's pretend that didn't happened :* ...
  • Tinawood40
    Options
    I'll definitely shave my legs tomorrow. Lol
  • Christine_72
    Options

Lol...Every little bit helps...When the scale doesn't say the right thing and you move it all over the bathroom to try to find the sweet spot, have you tried shaving your legs before standing on it again? Not me, but a friend of mine tried this once....

I wont weigh myself after getting out the shower. I have long thick hair and it holds ALOT of water! :blush:

• 555_FILK
    555_FILK Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You're fine, OP. But this is exactly why I weigh myself daily instead of weekly. I think you actually get *more* fluctuation and noise doing it weekly, than by weighing daily and using a running 7-day average. A high reading like the one you just got wouldn't bother you if you had lower readings the day before or the day after.

Not saying to change to daily if it will drive you crazy :D Just remember that you're in this for the long haul, and that being the case, you'll get to the weight you want if you keep doing what you're doing.
  • Tinawood40
    Options
    Good point. I am definitely wrapping my head around this and just moving forward. It's not going to change my focus. Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words !!! I don't usually post and I almost didn't but now I'm glad I did.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    As long as you keep on track, the weight WILL go down! It seems to take longer because, well, it does take longer. But not nearly as long as it took to gain it. Just don't give up. It WILL happen.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,943 Member
    Options
    Weigh everyday and record your weight using 'trendline' apps/websites such as www.weightgrapher.com; www.trendweight.com, happy scale for the iphone, Libra for android.

Quite a few of these can be integrated with MFP or with Fitbit's freely available app (no hardware required) to record weight semi-automatically to more than one location.

By seeing your trend over time you will hopefully be better able to handle natural water weight fluctuations...