Tips on drinking more water?

Options
2»

Replies

• GSixZero
    GSixZero Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky enough to have a job where I can bring a gallon of work with me to sip on all day. Beside that tho...I have a daily competition with a friend to drink a gallon of water. Not really to see who drinks it faster, but just to make sure each other gets it done each day.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I realized that I actually meet most of my hydration needs with my food and beverage intake, so I stopped stressing about drinking so much water!
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I wanted to drink more water, but with everything else I was drinking (diet soda, sweet tea, milk, etc), I usually forgot, too. So I cut out everything but water. I know that's not for everyone, but it works for me.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Why drink more? Just drink when you are thirsty. It is an automatic built in reminder.
  • TDMitchell2010
    TDMitchell2010 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I stage my 16.9 oz water bottles so that it is not as cold when drinking. I get out 4 at a time. I drink 1 down at a time. I do not allow myself anything else to drink until I have finished 8 bottles. I like iced tea with my dinner so I make sure I have finished all 8 bottles before then. Water is easier to drink after you have made it a habit and I have found it takes me about 3 days to get back in to the habit when I have fallen off the water wagon.
  • krisfrantzen
    krisfrantzen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    At home one shelf of our fridge is just 32oz bottles of water. I think there is something like 12-14 in the fridge...so it's always cold and ready to go. I tend to just keep grabbing them.

For work I have a 32oz bottle that I try to fill up when empty.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Rachelj17x wrote: »
    Tips on drinking more water?
    I always forget to be honest :-/
    Leave a glass out in your kitchen. Every time you go in, take a drink. You'd be shocked at how many times you're in the kitchen in a day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• B_TEEN
    B_TEEN Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    MoiAussi93 wrote: »
    One thing I do is have two large glasses (16 ounces each) first thing in the morning when I wake up and before I do anything else.

This! I drink 32-48 oz of water every day before eating food.

I never keep soda pop or other sugar-rich beverages in the house. When I go out, I continue to drink water or will have tea and occasionally OJ (with pulp, non-concentrated).
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    When I'm working in the office I sip black coffee all day. Otherwise, I just drink when I'm thirsty. I have no idea if I drink the recommended amount, but it seems to work for me.