Help

okay I had a bad time today where I ripped my Pants cause I was so fat.. I need any help tips and tricks to help me loose weight.. I want to be able to lose weight and maybe some guy will notice and want me

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited August 2015
    1. Lose weight for you and not "some guy". Trust me on this.
    2. Read the stickies for "tips and tricks".
    3. Make small changes first.
    4. Get some counseling.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    what Jen said
    and I would recommend the first small change be that you log all your food. confront your diet this way.

and ftr, pants rip, even on skinny people. it happens . but I'm glad that they got you here :)
  • Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    edited August 2015
    one pound of fat is about 3500 calories. So you need to either eat under your BMI or burn more without eating the extra calories. MFP lets you set to either lose 1 or 2 lbs per week. 1lb is a 500 calorie deficit and 2lbs is a 1000 calorie deficit.

Losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise or so I've heard.

Buy a food scale or don't bother.

Set your activity to the lowest setting and don't bother using the exercise calculator to add calories.

You don't need to change your diet a whole lot.

Cut out fried foods/soda/chips/cookies/empty sugar completely. Empty Calories will cause you to keep getting hungry and are your enemy. You can have a bit occasionally but you must sacrifice real food for it. Cut down on bread and pastas. they aren't filling for the long term and are very high in calories. I use light wraps instead of bread and they are 1/2 the calories.

Feel free to look at my food diary to see what I've been eating while still losing weight.

Your weight will fluctuate several pounds throughout the day/week as well. I lost 13 lbs my first week and then stayed the exact same weight to the decimal for 6 days straight. the next week I lost another 10. Keep in mind that I was nearly 320lbs when I started. The heavier you are the more weight you will lose at first.

Also note that if you start a new exercise routine your muscles will retain a lot more water for a while, causing a gain of 5ish lbs. A full bladder or poo can also throw the scale off a couple pounds. Weigh yourself In the morning after you pee/poo and before you ingest anything... If you weigh daily don't worry about fluctuations. Pay attention to weekly/monthly trends.

If you are close to a healthy weight then you aren't going to notice it right away. It's going to take several weeks to see the change.

If you ever start eating over your BMI again you will gain it back. This isn't dieting, it's healthy eating and it's a lifestyle change that has to be permanent. Eat at a deficit until you hit a goal weight and then you eat at your BMI.